Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crankcase Evacuation System

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 07:03 PM
The Bus
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Crankcase Evacuation System

I noticed that drag racers used the crankcase evacuation system by inserting a pipe in each exhaust collector with a check valve in line with the valve cover breathers. Claims of increased free HP??? Does it give free HP and if so will it be a bad thing to do on a track race car?? I have one of these system sold by Summit. Was wondering if I should install it?????? What are the down sides to this system????

Thanks for all comments
Old 04-04-2008, 09:26 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dosent work at all on rr cars.. we tried several types and setups.. allways resulting in oil in the exaust pipe and my famous huge plumes of smoke,,, i just run two huge bolt-on breathers and moroso type with the hose fittings and run them to catch cans.. i use them on both valve covers and have had no problems with smoke..... true story nelson ledges saftey creew was at beaverun for a track day when a cornerworker came over the radio and said "theres huge smoke comming from the black corvette!!!!" the saftey guy got on the radio and said "ahh thats just george he's fine""
Old 04-05-2008, 12:22 AM
AVB
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

How about a catchcan before the collector?

Get notified of new replies

To Crankcase Evacuation System

Quick Reply: Crankcase Evacuation System