Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amazing onboard TT video

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:26 AM
PAPPACLART
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazing onboard TT video

I have always had respect for the guys that brave the isle of man TT, but whats great about this vid is that you see the speed + lean angle of the bike!!! 160mph wheelies of crests and flat out corners...ave lap speed 130mph for the top bikes and riders. This bike is a thousand cc but more or less stock. The WSB spec bike hit over 200mph, 206mph being the record I believe.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A...Man_156293.htm
Old 04-06-2008, 09:52 AM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

wow, pretty incredible
Old 04-06-2008, 12:25 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Screw dat

I'm stayin inside my Vette

Pretty vid
Old 04-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic video!
Old 04-06-2008, 12:33 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

too bad speedtv stopped showing the race. That is where you need some big ***** period. Where is the safer barrier? That is the last bastion of all out racing risk bar NONE. Not even a gravel trap you are simply just DONE! Having had sport bikes I can respect it even more

Joey hit a stone wall. RIP

http://www.ttwebsite.com/features/joeydunlop/ thanks for the link I have missed the race they last few years as speed dumped it. They don't even do highlights and all the A hole shows on there are pathetic. Unique Whips 40" wheels give me a break. The Isle of Mann looks like a video game someone created as you would think who could or would do what we witness on the video. HPDE is like pushing a baby carriage even professional road racing at any level in a car,

Last edited by John Shiels; 04-06-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by John Shiels

Joey hit a stone wall. RIP

John - is this Joey Dunlop? King Joey!??
Old 04-06-2008, 05:57 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

That is a just scary video - no run off and crazy speeds. One mistake and you are finished - those guys have brass ***** !!!
Old 04-06-2008, 07:03 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

coming from the superbike thing and having done 125 mph through the kink at nelson ledges with someone leaning on me (touching my out side leg with his inside shoulder) i laugh at some of the saftey requirements sport car racers have .... hell i'm just happy to have a door !!!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 07:54 PM
urtoslo
Pro

All I can say is they have great roads over there! No potholes, standing water, etc. Heck, where are all the cats and dogs? Hitting a hummingbird at those speeds ought to be fatal!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:04 PM
tcmc5
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Titanium *****.
That's the scariest, most amazing motorsports video I've ever seen. Almost beyond comprehension, but there it is. Wow.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:25 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Three dead in Isle of Man TT race
POSTED: 1934 GMT (0334 HKT), June 8, 2007
Adjust font size:
LONDON, England -- The final day of the centenary Isle of Man TT races on Friday was marred by the death of a rider and two spectators.

The official TT Web site named the rider as 34-year-old Englishman Marc Ramsbotham, a married man and newcomer to the event.

He died instantly in a crash at the 26th milestone on the 37.73 mile long street circuit.

A second person was pronounced dead at the scene and a third person died later in hospital. Two other people were injured.

Ramsbotttom was competing in the six-lap Senior TT which was won by England's John McGuinness in a record speed of over 130 miles per hour (162.25 kph).

The Honda rider took an amazing 54 seconds off the existing race record to finish in a time of one hour 46.44 seconds.

The Isle of Man TT has attracted criticism in the past for the number of deaths and injuries that occur, with riders reaching speeds of 200 mph (320 kph) on roads that are used by the public.

A total of 223 people had died at the TT races before this year's festival which has attracted crowds of over 60,000 to the small, self-governing island off the north-west coast of England.

This year's sole major incident before Friday was a crash in Tuesday's Superstock TT that left New Zealand's former winner Shaun Harris in a critical condition in hospital.

Tools: Save | Print | E-mail | Most Popular |
Old 04-06-2008, 08:28 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Published Date: 13 June 2005

Premium Article !Your account has been frozen. For your available options click the below button.
Options Premium Article !To read this article in full you must have registered and have a Premium Content Subscription with the n/a site.
Subscribe Registered Article !To read this article in full you must be registered with the site.
Sign InRegisterPROBE AFTER DEATHS OF RIDER AND TT MARSHAL

April Bolster and her daughter Susan

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »
View GalleryA HORRIFIC accident killed a TT marshal and a competitor during Friday's showpiece Senior race.
April Bolster died outside her home in Main Road, Kirk Michael, when she was hit by TT newcomer Gus Scott's bike.

It is believed Mrs Bolster, 49, was crossing the road to attend to another rider when Mr Scott's 1000cc Honda machine collided with her.

It is understood her 19-year-old daughter Susan was marshalling at the crash scene and witnessed the tragedy.

The exact circumstances of the crash are not yet known and TT organisers have refused to discuss the accident ahead of the coroner's inquest.

Clerk of the course Neil Hanson said: 'The race organisation is making full investigations into the circumstances and any changes found necessary as a result of this tragedy will certainly be implemented.'

Evidence from witnesses, possibly including video footage, has been collected and will be handed to the coroner.

Whatever the outcome, it is likely the safety of marshals and riders will come under renewed scrutiny.

A centre volunteer for the Manx Blind Welfare Society, married mum-of-one Mrs Bolster had been marshalling at the TT and Manx Grand Prix for more than 20 years, but only moved to the Island in August 2003.

Friends said finding a house in Kirk Michael, where April and her family liked to marshal, was a 'dream come true'.

Close friends of the Bolster family Michael and Linda McDonald said they were stunned by the crash.

Mr McDonald, also of Kirk Michael and a fellow marshal, said the Bolster family stayed with him and his wife when they decided to quit their Slough home for a new life in the village.

'She was one of those people who would help anyone,' he said. 'She was the sort of person who would go out of her way to help.

'She was a very lively, bubbly person. She was always smiling, laughing and was everyone's friend. We are still trying to come to terms with it.

'April enjoyed marshalling and the TT,' Mr McDonald added. 'The family liked to do it together and she always wanted to come here.'

Mrs Bolster's husband Paul also marshals in the village.

Chairman of the TT Marshals' Association Roger Hurst described Mrs Bolster's death as a 'sad loss' and the family as 'dedicated marshals'.

He said Mrs Bolster was an experienced marshal who underwent an incident management training course in April last year. Mr Hurst added the association puts 'staunch effort' into training marshals and more than 500 had been trained in first aid and incident management.

He added he couldn't comment on the accident but said: 'We and the organisers will be looking into it once we have the coroner's report into what actually happened. Safety is paramount'.

Although a newcomer to the TT, test rider and bike journalist Mr Scott was an experienced racer who was enjoying the Mountain course.

At the start of the festival the 40-year-old, from Peterborough, said he was taking part in the TT to learn his way around the course and had asked organisers for a lower race number than the 25 he was originally allocated. He started at number 45 instead and took part in all the solo classes.

Former fiance of top Radio 1 DJ Mary Anne Hobbs, Mr Scott was a close friend of TT favourite John McGuinness, who won Friday's race.

Father to 10-year-old Yasmin, Mr Scott had been racing for 20 years and competed in the Southern 100 in 1991 under his real name Ian Scott.

Rider's liason officer Paul Philips said: 'Gus was very experienced. He road a bike every day of his life and had raced all over the world on roads and circuits. Of all the newcomers at the TT he was the most sensible of the lot of them. He was building his speed up, he had a three-year plan and was hoping to win it in 2007.

'Anyone who knew Gus will know he had a great sense of humour. He was desperate to be in the Island and he was having a great time. I spoke to him Friday morning and he couldn't wait. He was a great guy.'

Mr Scott's funeral will take place in Burneside, near Kendal.

The double fatality and the death of a visiting biker took the TT death toll to five.

The visitor, who died in a crash at Hillberry, Onchan, on Thursday afternoon, was Dominique Joel Raymond Mollett, 41, a motor mechanic from the Brittany region of France.

His bike was in collision with a Peugeot car driven by a 57-year-old man from Ramsey who escaped injury.

It is understood the crash happened after Mr Mollett was clocked speeding by police and tried to stop. The force refused to comment.

On Thursday night Agnieszka Darul-Gibalska, 28, from St John's, died in a crash on the Ballamodha straight.

The Polish catering supervisor of The Cat That cafe in Tynwald Mills, was travelling south when the Toyota Corolla she was in collided with a Ford at 8.50pm.

The shopping centre's managing director Stephen Bradley said: 'It's a sad loss. She had worked with us for nearly a year and she was a bright individual, a graduate. It's a tragic loss of such a young life.'

The driver of the Toyota is described as 'comfortable' in Noble's Hospital while the Fiesta driver has been discharged. Police inquiries into the crash are continuing.

On Saturday afternoon fire crews used airbags to free a man and woman from the wreckage of another accident.

The accident happened at the junction of Alexander Drive and Quarterbridge Road, Douglas, at 4.45pm when a Ford van collided with the back of a Yamaha bike.

The bike's male pillion passenger was thrown from the machine and the female rider was trapped under the van and bike.

They haven't been named but the rider has since been released from hospital.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:07 AM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, leaning your head into hedges, stone walls, rock clif faces and houses. Wow. /:\
Old 04-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

My above post and grin were in reference to Joey's memory and NOT his death.

My older brother was a big fan of Isle of Man TTs so I was exposed to it many years ago. Joey Dunlop was the King of Isle of Man. His Duke vidoes are amazing. God Bless.

Get notified of new replies

To Amazing onboard TT video

Quick Reply: Amazing onboard TT video