Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eagles Canyon 3-29 First Laps New Track

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 04:02 PM
midnite902
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eagles Canyon 3-29 First Laps New Track

This was the end of my first session at Eagles Canyon. I liked the track a lot but they need to improve the run off areas. A couple fo cars were damaged heavily that probably woud not have incurred damage at MSR. I think if this is ging to be a RR country club like MSR they need to improve the run off areas.

It was good turn out for the track.
Eagles 3-29

Oops
Old 04-06-2008, 08:54 PM
punkindrublic
Intermediate

This quickly became my favorite track!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:44 AM
midnite902
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by punkindrublic
This quickly became my favorite track!
It is a cool track. The turns and long straights make it competetive for all cars.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:05 PM
The Spark
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really liked the track and I agree they need to do some work on the runoff areas. This track can be brutal if you go off. I dropped 2 tires off the curbing and scraped the crap out of my frame.

I finally got to run on my Hoosiers (Sunday afternoon). I found out that the shop did not balance one tire. The car would start shaking about 80mph. A PITA on those long straights.

I thought I didn't see any weights on one wheel and meant to take it to the shop to get them to check it. But I forgot in my rush to get things ready for the track. Somebody is getting a butt-chewin'.

Can't wait to go back.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:02 PM
2K3Z06
Burning Brakes

Location: KADS- If it has wings or an engine, I can break it. Dallas TX
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a great track. But like most race tracks, you go off it gets expensive. MSR has given most of us a false sense of security, by being able to go off and not worry about doing any damage. But, you can get killed at MSR or any other track. I was there the day the formula mazda driver got killed at MSR.........................

ECR is a horsepower track, so you can blast around those pesky Miatas.

I just worry about going into the gravel traps at ECR, since I drive a street car with no tow hook. I can see a lot of damage that could happen to my car, by just trying to pull it out...............

Besides, Linda Cook the lady that owns the track, has Zo6 grand am car. So she ok in my book.

Cheers
Old 04-08-2008, 07:13 PM
midnite902
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 2K3Z06
It's a great track. But like most race tracks, you go off it gets expensive. MSR has given most of us a false sense of security, by being able to go off and not worry about doing any damage. But, you can get killed at MSR or any other track. I was there the day the formula Mazda driver got killed at MSR.........................
EC like MSR is a club track that is attempting to become a RR Country Club like MSR. If they want people to purchase/rent space and run their high dollar sports cars and rare collectible race cars, they need to provide run offs that will not destroy cars. A C6 Corvette was totaled at this event because the rough run off areas bent the frame. At MSR this would not have happened.

I like the track and I think they will get it right but there is work to do if they want to achieve their goals.

Get notified of new replies

To Eagles Canyon 3-29 First Laps New Track

Quick Reply: Eagles Canyon 3-29 First Laps New Track