Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BlueGrass Motorsports GroundBreaking Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:26 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Default BlueGrass Motorsports GroundBreaking Tomorrow

Will be attending the official GroundBreaking of the new BlueGrass Motorsports Club tomorrow.
Praying the rain holds off in the AM.

Should be a great event and will get some pics to share.

I will have both the beasts there to show.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:35 PM
KY-Traveler
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

What a great piece of property for a track. You know they're serious when the Governor shows up for the Ground Breaking.

Bob, if you see this, the Elevation change is advertised as 100'. The majority of the track will be on a hilltop above I-71 which is currently a hay field. Lots of trees on the hillsides around the track.

Paving is scheduled to be complete this fall and the track is scheduled to open to the public in Spring of 2009.

Can't wait to get on the track.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:53 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

Originally Posted by KY-Traveler
What a great piece of property for a track. You know they're serious when the Governor shows up for the Ground Breaking.

Bob, if you see this, the Elevation change is advertised as 100'. The majority of the track will be on a hilltop above I-71 which is currently a hay field. Lots of trees on the hillsides around the track.

Paving is scheduled to be complete this fall and the track is scheduled to open to the public in Spring of 2009.

Can't wait to get on the track.
Don,
Great seeing you again today. Looking forward to running with you at some point on the new track
Old 04-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Hi Bill, I've been corresponding with Brad Poppell, President of the Bluegrass Motorsports Club, about this new track and the many amenities they will be offering there. He provided me some photos he took of the area last month, which is now under construction. I'll post them soon.

I received an invitation to attend the ground breaking ceremony tomorrow morning at 0900 hrs, but am unable to attend. Looking forward to hearing about your experience there. A new county regional airport will also be developed close by, which is great news for me. Mike

Here's the email I received, which provides many details on the new construction:
------------------------------------------
Mike,

I appreciate your interest in Bluegrass Motorsports Club. It’s been an exciting year since the project became public and I would like to bring you up to speed on the development.

To give you an idea of how excited we are about the track, Bluegrass has over a 4000’ front straight and over a 2500’ back straight to satisfy the need for speed we all crave. Within the 3.5 mile outer loop there is elevation change ranging to over 100’. This is the defining character of Bluegrass.

We are confident Derek Daly has created a challenging circuit to keep membership from getting mundane and keep you learning the line for a lifetime.

In terms of the Villas at Bluegrass, the plans for developing these will begin within the first year of operations (grand opening is scheduled for 3/1/09). Our primary focus up to this point has been on the most important part; getting the track, garages and clubhouse built. With regard to satisfying your transportation needs, we are located 17 miles from Cincinnati Int’l airport (CVG) and the county is putting in a Regional airport just a few miles down the road.

I’m not sure if you’re aware of the world class team that we’ve built, which includes Derek Daly, Paxton Waters, and most importantly, Andy Vertrees. Derek is a retired Formula One and Indy 500 driver responsible for making this a signature course. Paxton has been the master planner and lead architect on the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, California Speedway, and Iowa Speedway. Andy has built more than 6 tracks and is the former COO of the Iowa Speedway and Director of Operations of the Kentucky Speedway. Andy is the most sought after track operator on the planet and we have retained him as VP of Operations.

I also wanted to personally invite you to attend the ground breaking ceremony for Bluegrass Motorsports Club & Road Course. Please see the attached invite. The Governor, and Formula One legend, Derek Daly will be attending. Also, Red Bull has confirmed their Wings Team car will be on hand and The BMW Store will be providing X3’s for property tours.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further questions or concerns about our project. I look forward to the possibility of having you as a member at Bluegrass Mike.

Drive Safe,

Brad
Old 04-11-2008, 10:19 PM
KY-Traveler
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by WNeal
Don,
Looking forward to running with you at some point on the new track

I'll be there with you as soon as they let us on the track. Hope we don't have to wait a year.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:01 AM
OzCop
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I rode up with traveler and I have to admit, they are well on their way with this track. If I had to compare it to anything I have seen, without seeing the actual pavement at this site, it will be close in size and elevation to the new Eagle Canyon track north of the DFW metroplex. There are a lot of anxious folks waiting for this one, and I don't think any of us will be dissapointed.

Good to meet you WNeal...

Phil O.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:55 AM
KY-Traveler
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 7-8 Veteran

Bluegrass Motorsports is having an Open House on October 18th from
12 pm - 2 pm.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Massc5
Advanced

Originally Posted by KY-Traveler
Bluegrass Motorsports is having an Open House on October 18th from
12 pm - 2 pm.
I have it on my calender and I'm sure I'll bring some more. Bill I can't wait to run the track. Buck
Old 10-06-2008, 06:18 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

Originally Posted by Massc5
I have it on my calender and I'm sure I'll bring some more. Bill I can't wait to run the track. Buck
Thats great,
Be sure to look me up when you get there
Old 10-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Webz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WNeal
Thats great,
Be sure to look me up when you get there
Do you mean at the track or Racers?

Get notified of new replies

To BlueGrass Motorsports GroundBreaking Tomorrow