Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need insurance to put on an event.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 04:49 PM
fnseeker
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need insurance to put on an event.

Looking for informatio on where to get insurance to cover an autocross. Our club has over 100 members and this is getting to be a hard sell for all to join NCCC when only a third participate.
Any help out there? Mike
Old 04-11-2008, 05:06 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

K and K Insurance does almost all the motor sports events

http://www.kandkinsurance.com/
Old 04-11-2008, 06:31 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

I also picked up a policy through my State Farm agent for our events.

Its meant to cover weddings, large parties, etc but he said it would cover also my track events.

1m for about $400 a year, unlimited events. K&K covers the event and we use them, your own provider covers you.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:32 AM
jlcvt
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NCCC only requires a club to have 51% of its members to be nccc members. It is strongly recommended that all your club members be nccc members but it’s not mandatory. NCCC uses K&K because they are one of the best insurance companies out there for car clubs. The insurance coverage isn’t just for autocrosses, it also covers your clubs meetings, rides, party’s, petty much any event or gathering your club does 24/7 365 days a year. For only $35 a person per year that’s not too bad. Last time I filled my tank it was around $50 and my Tahoe was $75, and eating at red lobster last weekend was $52, so $35 isn’t that bad
Old 04-14-2008, 01:47 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

I tried getting insurance for an HPDE, and it was going to cost $25000 for ONE day. If you plan on having events like this, you really should go ahead and hook up with NCCC or another organization.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by jlcvt
NCCC only requires a club to have 51% of its members to be nccc members. It is strongly recommended that all your club members be nccc members but it’s not mandatory. NCCC uses K&K because they are one of the best insurance companies out there for car clubs. The insurance coverage isn’t just for autocrosses, it also covers your clubs meetings, rides, party’s, petty much any event or gathering your club does 24/7 365 days a year. For only $35 a person per year that’s not too bad. Last time I filled my tank it was around $50 and my Tahoe was $75, and eating at red lobster last weekend was $52, so $35 isn’t that bad
The NCCC insurance program is so much better than anything else available for an active club it is well worth the cost.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Need insurance to put on an event.

Quick Reply: Need insurance to put on an event.