Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After the tune....Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 12:36 PM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default After the tune....Sebring

Was at Sebring yesterday w/ chin motorsports and what a blast it was. This my first dry track day at Sebring full course w/ the mods -(motons, camber plates seats, harnesses, stoptechs,headers, intake and tune). what a difference!!! I can be on the power much earlier. I haven't looked at my lap times from the cam (rarely got a clean lap). I was at 2:36 b4 mods. backstr8t max up 8-10 mph to 152. front straight 140mph--up 10mph. 85% of the time I had to wait for the point by. There was another very aggressive intermediate driver in a new z who caught me only when there was traffic holding me up, however I drove away from him when we were both wide open. my corners were still a bit conservative, he was skidding & sliding on most corners to keep up with me (can u say red mist?). I'm very happy with the mods and especially the braking and the power and oh yeah the handling.

As an aside I took a ride with Mike C a very quick z driver on R6 tires, wow! he was doing 2:20.xx and short shifting and his steering wheel was coming apart. The ride was a real eye opener he was 10 sec quicker than me with traffic, he porbably could do 2:17+ when pushing! Thanks to Mike for that ride! It looked as though he was going too fast to make the corner but then bam, hard threshold braking and he makes the turn SMOOTHLY--- no skidding (ok maybe a little here and there), and he's on the throttle again attacking the course. no one passes him while I'm in the car! The heel toe DS were almost inperceptable. back straight 160 mph. sweeper b4 turn 7 --140's! he was doing turn one over 100 mph to my mid 80's!
Old 04-13-2008, 02:40 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Great writeup Steve. what pads on your Stoptechs?

Thanks,

Garrett
Old 04-13-2008, 03:35 PM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 63Corvette
Great writeup Steve. what pads on your Stoptechs?

Thanks,

Garrett

My installer had me get the PFC -03 on front and pfc-01 on rears
Old 04-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Zee0hh6ix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by urslooow
Was at Sebring yesterday w/ chin motorsports and what a blast it was. This my first dry track day at Sebring full course w/ the mods -(motons, camber plates seats, harnesses, stoptechs,headers, intake and tune). what a difference!!! I can be on the power much earlier. I haven't looked at my lap times from the cam (rarely got a clean lap). I was at 2:36 b4 mods. backstr8t max up 8-10 mph to 152. front straight 140mph--up 10mph. 85% of the time I had to wait for the point by. There was another very aggressive intermediate driver in a new z who caught me only when there was traffic holding me up, however I drove away from him when we were both wide open. my corners were still a bit conservative, he was skidding & sliding on most corners to keep up with me (can u say red mist?). I'm very happy with the mods and especially the braking and the power and oh yeah the handling.

As an aside I took a ride with Mike C a very quick z driver on R6 tires, wow! he was doing 2:20.xx and short shifting and his steering wheel was coming apart. The ride was a real eye opener he was 10 sec quicker than me with traffic, he porbably could do 2:17+ when pushing! Thanks to Mike for that ride! It looked as though he was going too fast to make the corner but then bam, hard threshold braking and he makes the turn SMOOTHLY--- no skidding (ok maybe a little here and there), and he's on the throttle again attacking the course. no one passes him while I'm in the car! The heel toe DS were almost inperceptable. back straight 160 mph. sweeper b4 turn 7 --140's! he was doing turn one over 100 mph to my mid 80's!
Sebring was awesome this Saturday. Traffic was excessive this time out. You were defiantly fast and I did have to push to keep up. Impressive set up for sure!
I didn’t tell you before I left, but I had an agricultural excursion at turn 16 when I took TC completely off. Nothing happened, but rest assured I will not be doing that again.
See you next time out. Hopefully I’ll have some R6’s by then and I’ll make sure to lose the 300lbs passenger I had with me.
Chuck
Old 04-14-2008, 04:44 PM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

I have to say you were pretty quick also, doubt many cars passed you. Those R6's are even better than the Cups. U should be pretty quick w/ those tires. Remember not to get too aggressive or ur car may get hurt! Rarely got a clear lap---need to go to grp-2. At 4 pm I passed 4-5 grp-2 cars. got a single complete lap time best 2:32.8. I know that's not blazing or anything but it represents a lot of progress for me in this car-- and when I took the best sections times and added them together I got around 2:30 (I know it's kind of artificial to do that, but we were held up so often!). It felt good to pass that Ferrari challenge race car in our grp, and oh yeah the Ford gt and gtx-1! Nice talking to u at the track, see u May3.---SB

Last edited by urslooow; 04-14-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:18 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fun track and nice group to run with...
Old 04-15-2008, 09:01 AM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Steve, Sebring was awesome! Had a great time. Thanks for the use of your ratchet extension. I hope the ride together helped you figure out where the car is capable of going faster on the track. I know that has worked for me in the past. You should run in Group 2 next time. You're definately fast enough and I think it's quite a bit safer in the advanced group. Hope to run with you again soon.
Mike
Old 04-15-2008, 03:55 PM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

thanks Mike. Your hot lap session was awesome, your driving was at another level or 2 higher. I definitely saw some spots where I can be more aggressive safely. see u next time

Get notified of new replies

To After the tune....Sebring

Quick Reply: After the tune....Sebring