Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS Norcal: C5 (maybe C6) CCW Classics

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:16 PM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default FS Norcal: C5 (maybe C6) CCW Classics

Up for sale are the CCW Classics I ran last year. They are 18x11" Front and 18x12" Rear CCW Race Classics (newer version w/ the weight reduction holes). They have factory black centers and rattle-canned black outers (looks good, but not a car-show good).

Obviously these would not be SS legal, but would be great on an ASP, SM2 or OSP car. With my stock leaf springs and stock '04 shocks I was able to hit 1.39Gs on these with Hoosier A6s (315/30-18 & 335/30-18). As you can see in the pics below the suspension setup left a lot to be desired. On a good coil-over I would expect much more.

These would also make great track-day wheels for those wanting to go all-out on the track. I'm reverting back to a bit milder setup that I can drive to/from and trying to get away from buying brand new race rubber. Otherwise these would absolutely kick *** on a road course with 315/335 front/rear Hoosier R6s and that’s what I’d be doing.

Some things to note: The original buyer of these wheels spec'ed them out to clear a massive Big Brake Kit. They do require large front wheel spacers which ARE included, but will require longer studs (I used some ARPs), they do stick out in the back (obvious in the pictures), and require a small spacer in back (stock studs are fine), and the fronts will rub the lower control arm at full lock. These are AutoX or track wheels and all of the above are safe and not an issue if dealt with properly. It's just the price you pay to run 315/335s on a C5. Again, I'm going back to one set of wheels and I don't want to have my back wheels sticking out for every day street driving.

These wheels may also work on a C6s (if I recall they worked on Bill's car w/ much less front spacer and the rears tucked in better) but I'd suggest we test-fit first. I know they won't clear the C6 Z06 brake calipers up front without using a spacer but we never tried it to see how much spacer (and therefore longer wheel studs or not) would be needed.

Pricing (all prices are NOT shipped, buyer picks up, and buyer assumes any Paypal fees if applicable):
  • Wheels Alone: $1500
  • Wheels + 2 x 335/30-18 Hoosier A6: $1700 These tires: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1960701 (save $50)
  • Wheels + 2 x 305/35-18 Toyo RA-1s & 2 x 335/35-18 Toyo RA-1s: $1900 These tires are pull-offs from testing from a World Challenge Viper team. They were shaved and heat-cycled properly by Toyo for the team (they are a spec tire) then used for 1-2 test sessions (short sessions during which the car comes in a lot for adjustments). They have tons of meat left.

Please PM me if interested,

TJ
Old 05-05-2008, 11:43 AM
throwit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are these still available?
Old 05-05-2008, 03:07 PM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by throwit
Are these still available?
Sorry, they sold. I forgot I had them posted in 2 places.

-TJ

Get notified of new replies

To FS Norcal: C5 (maybe C6) CCW Classics

Quick Reply: FS Norcal: C5 (maybe C6) CCW Classics