Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Insurance thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 10:44 PM
wurk_truk
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08
Default Another Insurance thread

OK

I've been pricing insurance to cover my car.

Does any of you have actual DE/lapping days insurance?

Just curious. 10 events with WIB is $1960 for Z06 with stated value of $65k. Right now, I'm asking carrier if an 'event' is per day or not, ie: weekend could be considered TWO events.

I have never set foot on a RR track before. I purposely sold my 06 vert and bought the Z to do HPDEs (and be a pimp).

Without a doubt, this is the most expensive endeavor I have ever set out upon. I don't want to ruin my car and have to make payments with NO car

I can pay to play for some, but the underlying value of the car, I would rather not lose, you know?

Kind of a big leap for a wore out electrician's helper.

I am going to Track Attack in a few weeks, and will find out if I enjoy this activity or not. (What do you want to guess?) HAHA!

So, who has track insurance?
Old 04-15-2008, 06:22 AM
zaphodbebullbrox
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpde

I don't have track insurance, but if you are just doing hpde's you shouldn't need any. All the hpde I’ve been to are big into safety. They emphasize that this is not a race, your just there to drive your car at speed. There is no passing except on straights and only with permission from the person you are passing. Any aggressive driving will get you black flagged. Of course this is not 100% guarantee that you won't damage your car, but that’s why I use an older vette that can keep up and be competitive but not cost me $$$.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:21 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Many of the normal auto insurances policies cover Drivers Education Events. That is a DE with Class room instruction and in car instruction, Lapping days or any event that provides or allows timing or optional instructors most likely are not covered.

timing means competition means racing. Not covered.

Look at the exclusion portion of your policy. Look for wording that is in that section as to what they DO NOT COVER or exclusions.

Some of the newer policies are starting to put in exclusions about after market parts too on what they will not cover, or disallow your coverage if you have certain parts, deemed as racing parts.

READ YOUR EXCLUSION SECTION OF YOUR POLICY. Dont ask your agent as they may not know or just so NO it is NOT covered.

Supplemental coverage is per event with a minimum of so many ( ten ) events. An event is two days and Drivers Education with class room and in car instructors, not open lapping days or any event that provides or allows timing.

Again, HAVING coverage does not give you the right to go bang up your car or someone else's car. You must take personal responsibility for your actions and drive accordingly.

Get notified of new replies

To Another Insurance thread

Quick Reply: Another Insurance thread