Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Atlanta Video w/NASA March 15th

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:15 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Road Atlanta Video w/NASA March 15th

Here are a couple of laps on Road Atlanta with NASA in March, The Z in front is a MTI preped car. Great weekend even with the tornados. Hope you enjoy. Sorry about the wind noise, I have to work on the sound. JD I hope this works??
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-15-2008, 01:09 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Its just a z06 with a couple mods on it. The guy is like 60 something and only comes here from france a few times a year.

I dont get the brand distinction.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:16 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by heavychevy
Its just a z06 with a couple mods on it. The guy is like 60 something and only comes here from france a few times a year.

I dont get the brand distinction.
No disrespect meant, I'm 60 something to, had a great time out running with the him and he was pitted with the MTI guys. In fact all of the MTI cars were very fast and Reese did and awesome job. And thanks to the MTI guys for the help with my car. JD

Last edited by JDIllon; 04-15-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:00 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Looks like a great time. He should have waived you by much sooner.

Not to change the subject, but your seats are awesome! Please share where you got them and are you running them on standard corvette seat tracks?

Old 04-15-2008, 03:07 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

I agree, he should have pointed him by sooner, but Pierre doesnt point by, I'm surprised he didnt have to dive bomb him to get by, he must have had an instructor telling him to give the signal. He raced Lemans many years ago and has that same mentality on the track, looks like he even blocked one time.

We have gotten to know each other pretty well and he still wont point me by .

He's a great guy though, but tends to get lots of complaints at DE's because he drives like it's race day. He flies all the way from France just for track days in his Z06.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Diesel68
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing!

Looks like this car was holding you up too. I got stuck behind that same car for nearly 2 laps. I was riding his bumper and making it clear I wanted to pass, but he would not give the pass. He certainly loved the straights though, but was very afraid of corner 9. He slammed on his brakes going down the back straight right into 9. He certainly shouldn't have been in HPDE3. I have video of it too, but I have not posted it.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:32 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

LOL, told ya
Old 04-15-2008, 05:57 PM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Great video! Looks like a nice day at a great track. I miss those hills.
Mike
Old 04-15-2008, 05:59 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Not to change the subject, but your seats are awesome! Please share where you got them and are you running them on standard corvette seat tracks?
The seats are Carravaggio race seats and yes they mount on to the stock seat bases and everything works accept the side air bags. And he gives you the diodes fo the car thinks they are there. They are great seats and in the Z they include the embroidery Z logo. Here is there web site http://www.caravaggiocorvettes.com/d...nteriors2.html If you need any more info please e-mail or PM me. Thanks,JD
Old 04-15-2008, 06:12 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JDIllon
The seats are Carravaggio race seats and yes they mount on to the stock seat bases and everything works accept the side air bags. And he gives you the diodes fo the car thinks they are there. They are great seats and in the Z they include the embroidery Z logo. Here is there web site http://www.caravaggiocorvettes.com/d...nteriors2.html If you need any more info please e-mail or PM me. Thanks,JD
JD is right, the seats are great albeit not a T1 level pure race seat. JD and a few of us bought the seats together and like the street and track multi purpose use. The seats have full functionality, up/down, back/forward etc and even the seat heaters work if you care. No IP warning lights either as with some seats that don't connect. And you can easily plug the OEM seat back in and keep the Caravaggio if that becomes a desirable option.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:36 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are a couple of laps on Road Atlanta...
So was that after Jake rode with you?

Pierre is an interesting character - his car is tagged in my ancestral home in North Alabama so I looked him up the first event I saw him at (Barber a few years back) - he is a truly French and does not point....many, many have complained about him...
Old 04-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

JD, those are incredible seats! Very nice for street and track. I plan to purchase a set when I buy my Z06 in 2010 - I know... I have a couple years to go. Are you going back to RA in November with Chin Motorsports? Hope to see you there!

Last edited by Gray Ghost GS; 04-15-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:54 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=varkwso;1565034319]So was that after Jake rode with you?

Pierre is an interesting character - his car is tagged in my ancestral home in North Alabama so I looked him up the first event I saw him at (Barber a few years back) - he is a truly French and does not point....many, many have complained about him...[/QUOTE

Yes! That is Jake and he really helped me improve my lap times at RA. You both do a great job instructing. Thanks to both of you for all of the help over the past years. JD And I guess I should feel really good to get a point by from Pierre!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Old 04-15-2008, 08:27 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

[QUOTE=JDIllon;1565034606]
Originally Posted by varkwso
So was that after Jake rode with you?

Pierre is an interesting character - his car is tagged in my ancestral home in North Alabama so I looked him up the first event I saw him at (Barber a few years back) - he is a truly French and does not point....many, many have complained about him...[/QUOTE

Yes! That is Jake and he really helped me improve my lap times at RA. You both do a great job instructing. Thanks to both of you for all of the help over the past years. JD And I guess I should feel really good to get a point by from Pierre!!!!!!!!!! LOL
JD, he's French and you were filling up his mirror on every corner...are you sure that was a point by??!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:45 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=V8 Juice;1565035186]

JD, he's French and you were filling up his mirror on every corner...are you sure that was a point by??!
Now I'm not as happy about the Point by or what ever it was !!!!!!!!! Either way I still got by him. LOL JD
Old 04-15-2008, 09:13 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

bee nice the poor guy is like a 100 and french
Old 04-15-2008, 09:14 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRACKMAN2
bee nice the poor guy is like a 100 and french
Naw JD is not quite there yet....