Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hardbar comes through again

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 06:50 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Default Hardbar comes through again

I know I have said Gary's stuff is an investment and I mean it. He has thought of everything so that you and I do not have to build parts or cut stuff to fit.

again the seat rails have everything I need built in.

First the quality is top notch. He gives you plenty of fine adjustments so you can get the seat the exact way you want it.

Ok you should expect that, but there is more.

The YAW sensor is right where you would put the rails I called Gary and he said look at the predrilled holes because that is perfect alignment for the YAW sensor. Well that was easy.

So onto last night. I found out that I had to put my fire extingusher back in for this weekends event. I was kind of avoiding it because when I put in Gary's seat rails the studs were bigger and the BK bracket didnt fit. Well last night I figure I would drill the bracket bigger so it fit, but then I stopped and thought about Gary's setup. He has studs for the seats rails which are threaded on the inside so you can put another stud inside them.

Well looking through my toolbox I had 2 studs with nuts that fit perfectly. 3 mins later the BK bracket was attached without doing any modification to the bracket.

I appreciate all the time and effort Gary puts into his parts prior to them hitting the market.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:20 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

tops!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:57 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

Thanks, we do make mistakes, but try to be the best. We did a special set of rails and harness for Chris Ingle. We powdercoated the rails white, and provided Chris with a red, white, and blue Teamtech. I think it is too pretty for Ingle...

Old 04-16-2008, 10:10 AM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoffman
We did a special set of rails and harness for Chris Ingle. We powdercoated the rails white, and provided Chris with a red, white, and blue Teamtech. I think it is too pretty for Ingle...
Yeah, so is my wife, but she's stickin' with me too!!!!! ha ha

The rails are first class stuff and look great! I also want to mention these harnesses too. They are specifically made to fit perfectly on a HANS. I found out this past weekend just how much nicer they are than standard belts. I drove a Viper with standard shoulder harnesses and they just didn't feel as secure as the Teamtech. The Teamtech also has velcro straps that connect the two shoulder harness at the chest which keeps them from spreading apart - a very nice touch! Great stuff!!!!!! Thanks Gary!!!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 10:41 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel @ ECS
I know I have said Gary's stuff is an investment and I mean it. He has thought of everything so that you and I do not have to build parts or cut stuff to fit.

again the seat rails have everything I need built in.

First the quality is top notch. He gives you plenty of fine adjustments so you can get the seat the exact way you want it.

Ok you should expect that, but there is more.

The YAW sensor is right where you would put the rails I called Gary and he said look at the predrilled holes because that is perfect alignment for the YAW sensor. Well that was easy.

So onto last night. I found out that I had to put my fire extingusher back in for this weekends event. I was kind of avoiding it because when I put in Gary's seat rails the studs were bigger and the BK bracket didnt fit. Well last night I figure I would drill the bracket bigger so it fit, but then I stopped and thought about Gary's setup. He has studs for the seats rails which are threaded on the inside so you can put another stud inside them.

Well looking through my toolbox I had 2 studs with nuts that fit perfectly. 3 mins later the BK bracket was attached without doing any modification to the bracket.

I appreciate all the time and effort Gary puts into his parts prior to them hitting the market.

Be carefull not to re-installing that yaw sensor backwards. Ask me how I know...we'll a few weeks later and a couple trips to the dealer to trouble shoot active handling problems, and of course I installed the sensor backwards. You can't imagine how much it throws the system off.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by 95jersey
Be carefull not to re-installing that yaw sensor backwards. Ask me how I know...we'll a few weeks later and a couple trips to the dealer to trouble shoot active handling problems, and of course I installed the sensor backwards. You can't imagine how much it throws the system off.
Matt it is impossible to do that with Gary's setup because besides the 2 screw holes he has also provided a 3rd hole which is the guide hole that GM uses.

and I can see your issue being a big problem just like moving it left or right
Old 04-16-2008, 12:58 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel @ ECS
Matt it is impossible to do that with Gary's setup because besides the 2 screw holes he has also provided a 3rd hole which is the guide hole that GM uses.

and I can see your issue being a big problem just like moving it left or right
Nothing is impossible for me to screw up ...I usually have to do things at least 2-3 times before I get them right...

I can turn a 30 minute bleed job into an afternoon of thrills and spills (literally)
Old 04-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by 95jersey
Nothing is impossible for me to screw up ...I usually have to do things at least 2-3 times before I get them right...

I can turn a 30 minute bleed job into an afternoon of thrills and spills (literally)
After I posted I was thinking I should have said NEARLY impossible to screw up

dont worry if you saw me last night thinking abbut how the heck am I going to drill through hardened steel BK bracket you would know I am in the same boat sometimes.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:41 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is me with Gary
Old 04-16-2008, 07:22 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

What model/brand seat is that in the white car?
Old 04-16-2008, 10:16 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Bob, 3 minutes? come on now, I was on the phone with you when you dropped one of the nuts under the seat
Old 04-17-2008, 08:39 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by trackboss
What model/brand seat is that in the white car?
I think (I am not 100%) it is a Cobra Suzuka.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:32 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought it looked like one. As mentioned in another thread, the cobras have the harness slots higher than the sparcos which works well for my body type.
thanks!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by GeorgeZNJ
Bob, 3 minutes? come on now, I was on the phone with you when you dropped one of the nuts under the seat
that was the camera mount which in the end didnt work out anyway

but if I did need to find that nut I would be taking the seat out. I think it is between the rail and the center tunnel which is impossible to get to.

Gary - please add camera mount ot my penske order
Old 04-18-2008, 08:11 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Ok, those are in stock, want me to send it today?

My Penskes came in yesterday, in kit form. What we (Richard @lemd) will do tomorrow is partially assemble a front and a back with all of the new "T" bar (tested to over 4000 pounds!):

new clicker lower rear clevis with quick change pin:

and new upper clevis mounts

and go through the full range of suspension travel. One of the big advantages here of the Penskes is that we can change the body and shaft lengths in 1/2 inch increments to get the optimum travel both at full bump and full droop with maximum possible travel.

After that is correct, them we will assemble them, dyno them. These have a piston that is a linear on the rebound side and a VDP (Velocity Dependant Piston) on the compression side. The VDP has some very unique characteristics in that it is soft at very low shaft speeds, and has a rising rate at the high speed (shaft speed, not vehicle) so that the big slammer bumps/transitions don't hit so hard. If you are interested, see page 25 of the manual:
http://hardbarusa.com/PenskeManual.pdf

So, I am going to be very busy this weekend!

Last edited by ghoffman; 04-18-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by ghoffman
Ok, those are in stock, want me to send it today?

Gary that would be great - I will send you a PM..

Get notified of new replies

To Hardbar comes through again

Quick Reply: Hardbar comes through again