Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIR with First Settlers

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Phil Smith
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default VIR with First Settlers

I am signed up to instruct at the May 23-25 VIR full course event with First Settlers PCA. Who else is attending? Graham -did I see you on the list?

Phil
Old 04-19-2008, 11:41 PM
billy25us
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I signed up but I have not payed. Still checking the dates to see if I can make it. Can't wait to run VIR.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sent my check in on Thursday...

Mike
Old 04-20-2008, 10:57 AM
RedLS6
Drifting

Received 1,729 Likes on 783 Posts

Mailed my check on Friday

Old 04-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Jim MacZ06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there for the first outing (sorting) of the new beast being built by LG Motorsports.

Travel to Texas on Friday to fit the seat to body and track test with Lou on Saturday. Hopefully, the car will test well and tehy can ship it back to Va. the following week.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:34 AM
RedLS6
Drifting

Received 1,729 Likes on 783 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim MacZ06
I'll be there for the first outing (sorting) of the new beast being built by LG Motorsports.

Travel to Texas on Friday to fit the seat to body and track test with Lou on Saturday. Hopefully, the car will test well and tehy can ship it back to Va. the following week.
Looking forward to seeing that beast! I remember following your GT3 around VIR in my C5 Z06 last year (think it was you anyway, JMAC racing?). Wanna trade cars for a few laps?
Old 04-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Jim, what are your Rennlist buddies going say when you blow their doors off even more now than when you'd do it with the GT3?

How are you going to decide which one to drive at these events? GT3 or Monster Vette??? Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!

Good luck with the new ride!

Jody
Old 04-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

what did you do with the gt3?

that new ride will be awesome. Cant wait to see it out there. Enjoy the time with LG too!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Jim, Can't wait to see the new beast when she returns!

Mike
Old 04-21-2008, 01:24 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Can you sign up for just 1 day or does it have to be for all 3?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:25 PM
94ZR1#444
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have Don Bryants cell phone? I sent him an email and have had no response. What is the $125 instructor fee for? I only want to do two days and will take two students.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Jim MacZ06
Advanced

Falcon, Oyishdog,

New car was delivered today at 11:30am.

Mike Kelly came by to see, ask him what he saw!!!!

To answer some questions there are PCA events that can only be participated in, in a Porsche, so we will, there are others such as First Settlers that do not have this requirement and we will bring the "Monster."

I want to see how this highly modified street car does against the GT3 Cup Cars and GT2's both of which are ungodly fast.

I believe that the only question that we currently have is if the Pilot is up to the challenge.

Falcon, may have to give you the keys!!!!

JMAC
Old 05-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

I believe that the only question that we currently have is if the Pilot is up to the challenge.
Oh, I have no doubt about the pilot's ability to smoke anyone out there. It'll be interesting to hear about how it performs compared to the P-cars that will be there, and how you like it. I can't wait to read about it.

Good luck and don't leave out any details when you writ it up.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Well I sat in that car and started it up yesterday evening and I can tell you that it was one heck of a thrill to fire that baby up and then blip the throttle a few times... LG Motorsports built one hell of an Ultimate Track car...

Fit and finish on the new Z06 (at least this 2008 model) is stellar, and I couldn't find anything wrong with the car, walking around it and looking at the panels/ paint finish. I gotta give it to GM. I also gotta hand it to Lou and the gang. Their parts make that car so impressive and menacing looking... Can't wait to see her in action next Thursday at Seattime at Summit Point!!!

The GT3 was tucked back in the garage today when I picked up my enclosed trailor I left at Jim's place last night, so Jim's got two cars playing on the heart strings for attention... Not a bad place to be in!

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To VIR with First Settlers

Quick Reply: VIR with First Settlers