Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CMP Open Track Day, Monday 5/5/08...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Default CMP Open Track Day, Monday 5/5/08...

German Speed, a shop from Wilmington is renting the track on Monday, 5/5 for testing. They are offering open track time to those who would like to go.

Solo drivers preferred, although there will be limited space for non-solo drivers.

Cost $250 for the day. Beats the heck out a day at work!

Email rob at racewithroar.com for more details.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:16 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Would this be OK event for a first timer there, or should I wait until instructors are available? I have only been doing VIR and Rd Atl, but I think I would like to add CMP to my list, as there is nothing going on at the others in Apr or May. I like doing the weekday thing as it is less crowded and cheaper plus I get out of work (actually I have to do 2 days work in one when I get back) but it is worth it. Thoughts?
Old 04-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
Would this be OK event for a first timer there, or should I wait until instructors are available? I have only been doing VIR and Rd Atl, but I think I would like to add CMP to my list, as there is nothing going on at the others in Apr or May. I like doing the weekday thing as it is less crowded and cheaper plus I get out of work (actually I have to do 2 days work in one when I get back) but it is worth it. Thoughts?
Sure, it'd be worth it. Rob at Roar Racing said he'd instruct if needed. Contact him at Rob @ racewithroar.com and talk to him.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:48 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Interesting, I may try and make that.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:05 PM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by waddisme
IMHO - compared to Road Atlanta, CMP is pretty easy. It's flat so for the most part you can see all the apexes ahead of time. As always, very useful to follow somebody familiar with the track around for a few laps to get the jist of it. Have fun!
Old 04-21-2008, 05:21 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon
Sure, it'd be worth it. Rob at Roar Racing said he'd instruct if needed. Contact him at Rob @ racewithroar.com and talk to him.

His spin instruction there is top notch...

Get notified of new replies

To CMP Open Track Day, Monday 5/5/08...

Quick Reply: CMP Open Track Day, Monday 5/5/08...