Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter project...PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 04:35 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Winter project...PICS

So, I thought to myself, wow this C6Z is great...BUT could it be better? The answer was...HELL YEAH!

I had saved some money and had a specific budget. The choice was between a front ONLY set of calipers or an entire suspension package. I have never felt anything but confidence from the stock brakes and while I am not happy with the pad wear issue, I didn't want to jump the gun as I knew cheaper options would be available next year (single pad design) and my budget was limited.

So this left me with the suspension. I wanted more, I wanted stiffer, I wanted the sea sickness to GO AWAY. The choice came down to T1 package or coil-overs. To be honest the T1 spring rates are so close to the Z06 kit as well as the sway bars, that I did not see value in spending $4000 on them. Also, I was not comfortable in trying to match VBP spring and getting custom valved shocks...definately too much that can go wrong. So the obvious choice were coil-overs. Now came the EASY decision...LG ALL THE WAY! I just felt comfortable with his experience and the use of high quality parts. You simply do not need to guess at the package, and where the parts came from. I agree on his philosophy on adjustable shocks. They are either dialed in to work with the spring rate or they are wrong. The next choice was sway bars and I went with a proven package (GM T1). I really like the PDFAT bars, but it was not in my budget, and honestly with such a stiff spring package, I don't think there is a need for such a stiff sway bar to keep the car flat. The springs are going to help with much of that. I honestly might go back to stock bars once I see how everything feels.

Now I need to get all this stuff put on (the right way) and cornerweighted and alligned...who better than Phoenix that are 1 hour from my house. So without any more of my writing, here are the pics!

Check out the cornerweight numbers

Last edited by 95jersey; 04-22-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:27 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this you in my watkins vid with weasy?? http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qv8JQ98s4lk
Old 04-22-2008, 06:40 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Very cool, im curious to read your write up after some track action.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:49 AM
freefall
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those are mighty pretty!

Get notified of new replies

To Winter project...PICS

Quick Reply: Winter project...PICS