Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Winter Project almost complete!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 06:21 PM
geerookie
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another Winter Project almost complete!

Well it's almost done. This winter was supposed to be suspension upgrade........ That was the plan and then it struck!
Transmission problems! You name it it needed fixed. Syncros, shift forks, keys and 3rd and 5th gears! Not so much abuse but 95k miles and 10 track days. That put a dent in the budget, OK, a BIG dent! Got that completed and while I was at it Fidanza flywheel, aluminum pressure plate, new clutch, slave and master etc.
Reduced a whopping 24lbs of rotating mass! Boy does that ever create a nice seat of the pants feeling.
So after all that I finally get to do the suspension.
Pfadt sway bars, coilovers and bushings. I got it all together and did an alignment in my garage and went for a drive. WOW! What a difference. Feels better than buying a new car. I was suprised at how easy it was to do all this work in my garage. Everything went together really easy. Well built and it all fits properly. Made for an enjoyable week of evenings.
I knew my alignment wasn't perfect so I went to Phoenix to have Brad do the real magic. He confirmed that my alignment wasn't perfect but he said it was at least near spec and better than some shops. But that's nothing......the drive home required some nice PA twisty back roads and some time on the NJ Turnpike. OK, I thought the car felt great after the suspension upgrades....it felt like I had just redone the suspension again! Brad is amazing! He tweaked and I ended up with perfect 50% cross-weight (after I removed the spare quart of oil I forgot was in the back ) I will attach the sheets later.
Now I'm working on the final piece which wasn't going to be this year but decided it should be.
Safety.
After talking with Bob (Wicked Weasel) at Pocono this past weekend we are going to put together a safety package and install it in my car. In light of all the new requirements coming I decided to do it now.
Driver and passenger will have the same. Ok, they will have to bring their own Hans.
Race seats, 6 Point harnesses, Hardbar harness bar and a Hans!
Haven't decided on what seats yet or whose harness but I'm open to suggestions.
Leaning towards Kirkey Deluxe Roadrace seats and TeamTech or Schroth harness's.
While I was at Phoenix, Kurt and I talked about seats and I tried a Cobra (that's what he runs in all his cars)....nice might look into those a little more.

Last edited by geerookie; 04-22-2008 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Add Pics

Quick Reply: Another Winter Project almost complete!