Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Portable Cool Shirt

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 09:29 PM
David A
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Portable Cool Shirt

I'm looking for some basic information on the Cool Shirt Portable Bag system, the 12qt in particular.
How do you restrain it in the vehicle? Block ice or crushed, does it matter? Temperature control, does the portable system use the FC-1 controller? How do you power it, hard wire or power port?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 04-29-2008, 03:25 AM
linutux
Pro

I used the 6qt bag system at a DE at VIR last July with excellent results. It was more than enough for multiple 30 minute sessions before refreshing the ice. I've been clipping it to the seat rails behind the stock seat and plugging in to the ACC outlet in the console. I got mine from LG Motorsports:
http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog...cturers_id=136

I really noticed an improved ability to focus during the sessions and I was not nearly as fatigued after the sessions. It really made it a much more enjoyable experience.

Make sure the shirt fits snugly; it will transfer heat away better.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:46 AM
mash
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave. THe owner of CoolShirt is an SCCA racer. Runs a GT1 Camaro at hillclimbs, uses his own system for sure. Good guy. Give Rich a buzz, or the LG guys. I have used their system, made a big difference in my late afternoon times.

Mash
Old 04-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Bill Hetzel
Pro

I tried the RPCM cool vest (gel packs in a vest) last year and was supprised how well it worked. I had them on for 45 minutes on a 100 degree day, they were still cool whwn I took them off.
The gel packs refreeze in your cooler at anything below 59 degrees.

Get notified of new replies

To Portable Cool Shirt

Quick Reply: Portable Cool Shirt