Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Picture request - need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 01:57 AM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Seat Picture request - need help

Hi guys, I know there are lots of seat threads and I havent been lazy, I just spent the last 4 hours reading almost every one of them, then I hit the manufactuer sites to get measurements and I have narrowed down my choices. What I need from you now is to please post pics of the following seats in a C5. I have a 6 pt rollbar in my vert and need a visual of how they fit. Its not easy finding places around here that stock the seats I want so before I drive all over the place I want to narrow down the field more. Of course opinions are welcome, but please, only on these seats. My car is still a street car. Im 6'1, 190. My existing C5 sport seat rubs up against the bar in the position I need it so I now want a fixed back seat. Here are my choices. Thanks in advance

Sparco Roadster

Sparco Evo

Corbeau FX1 Pro

Cobra Imola S

Old 05-03-2008, 03:05 AM
Nihilation
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my FX1 Pro. It's got sub belt hole, side mounts, bottom mounts and the screw in the middle of the back of it. It's also the only seat other than the Sparco Evo 2 Plus that fits me properly(5'11" 170lbs). Corbeau's bracket is 100% bolt-in... took me 15 minutes however I do recommend you shim the front bolts to angle the seat more. The FX1 Pro doesn't make any contact with the door but the normal FX1 will rub a bit. Also the material quality of the FX1 Pro is tons better than the Sparco Evo's or even Recaro Pole Position's I've had.

Last edited by Nihilation; 05-03-2008 at 03:07 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:17 AM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry these are not better but this is a Corbra Imola in my car i've liked it my only real complaint is i should purchase a mount that bolts to the back of the seat that keeps the side to side motion of the seat down it's not that rigid and i have noticed alittle rubbing on the door panel. But for a big guy like me 6'2 and 325lb's it's comfortable for me
Attached Images   
Old 05-03-2008, 09:18 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sparco Evo

Old 05-03-2008, 11:09 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I recently purchased a cobra imola s gt and after several attempts to install it I am planning on returning it. The seat fits me very well, and just barely fits in the car. The problem is that the mounting holes are not located well and when I bolt up the seat mounts(hardbar) the mounts themselves are way off. I've tried every possible combination of mount orientation as well as shimming them. It just does not work. The mounts are not only not parallel, but one side is moved more forward than the other. There is nothing that I could think of that I have not tried to make this work. I've come to the conclusion that it is just not made correctly. The sides are not paralall or flat and the holes may also be slightly off from side to side. Hopefully the retailer will agree and exchange for one correctly made because I would really like to use the same model seat. The evo2 is very similar, but the shoulder harness slots are placed way too low for me. Not sure how well the sparco mounting holes are positioned, but I'll check when I return this one. If this ends up not workng I will probably get a kirkey road race deluxe. It is in one of the race cars I drive and I like it, but for the corvette I wanted something easier to get in/out of as its not a race car.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:12 PM
mark_p
Intermediate

Originally Posted by trackboss
I recently purchased a cobra imola s gt and after several attempts to install it I am planning on returning it.
If you still have the Imola GT would you be willing to take a couple of measurements for me?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:14 AM
mark_p
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 97C5inSD
Sorry these are not better but this is a Corbra Imola in my car i've liked it my only real complaint is i should purchase a mount that bolts to the back of the seat that keeps the side to side motion of the seat down it's not that rigid and i have noticed alittle rubbing on the door panel. But for a big guy like me 6'2 and 325lb's it's comfortable for me
Do you have the Imola S or Imola S GT?
Old 05-22-2008, 10:33 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I returned the seat and have since bought a kirkey road race deluxe. Much better fit. Also overall width is narrower so lots of room all the way around. Most importantly, the mounts are parallel and square, unlike the composite seats I looked at.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:24 AM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are interested in the Kirkey road race deluxe seat, I have designed a mount that will bolt directly to it and drop right into a C5/C6. It is a stationary mount, no sliders. Fore and aft adjustments are with a series of holes, no slots. One thing I have learned about racecars, If things can move, they will. Let me know if you are interested, 630-844-0089.
Robert Finlayson
Performance AFX Motorsports
Old 05-26-2008, 03:05 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Here is an FX1 Pro.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Sparco Evo & Evo L

Last edited by Lancer033; 05-26-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by mark_p
Do you have the Imola S or Imola S GT?
???

Yeah, I thought I've heard the standard Imola S would fit a C5/C6.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat Picture request - need help

Quick Reply: Seat Picture request - need help