Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

?? installing Pfadt seat mount and Recaro SPG race seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:23 PM
l8_apexer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ?? installing Pfadt seat mount and Recaro SPG race seat

Just got my new Pfadt Engineering seat mount for my race seat (for my 2008 C6). THe instructions are , ahem, shall we say a bit ambiguous.

Anyone with experience putting these in? Which way should the side mounts be oriented? (what is front and what is back on those?). Which bolts and where do you bolt those to the seat mount? How should the harness clip mounts be attached? (need a little more than "longer one on the outside"). How should they be oriented?

(photos worth thousands of words)

thanks!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:59 PM
928nomore
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default seat

cant help you on the install but i would love to know how/why you you chose that seat/ i have just installed a roll bar in my 08 and now am looking to get the seats modified to hold the 5 pt belts. if i cant get that done will have to change out the seat. 6-8 de/yr /mike south hills pgh
Old 05-05-2008, 11:58 PM
l8_apexer
Instructor

hey! Another Pittsburgh forum member! I had the SPG in my 944 turbo race car-- kept it when I sold the car. Just trying to put it in-- been instructing for about 17 years, raced a lot with PCA, SCCA and Nasa. Couldn't ignore the vette with 436 hp-- this is my 8th one- but first in 20 years. FIrst event will be this weekend at Beaverun, then next week at Watkins Glen.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:10 AM
J.R.
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Try this link:
http://www.pfadtracing.com/docs/raci...unting-kit.pdf

If not helpful call Pfadt and talk to Josh.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:51 PM
ge2001
Instructor

Either one of you Pgh guys heading to Watkins Glen 5/17-5/18 with the ARPCA this month. If so, I will be heading up morning of 5/16 if you want to hook up for the ride. I am located in South Park.
Gary

Get notified of new replies

To ?? installing Pfadt seat mount and Recaro SPG race seat

Quick Reply: ?? installing Pfadt seat mount and Recaro SPG race seat