Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T1 sway bar install questions....

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 01:13 AM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default T1 sway bar install questions....

I have been told all the torque numbers for the main sway bar mounts both front 43 ft-lbs and rear; (upper 49 ft-lbs & lower 70 ft-lbs), but I have a few more questions...

These T1 bars did not come with any instructions at all so excuse my ignorance....just waht to ensure I'm installing these right.

Which end of the heim joints are on the bottom; the barrel end or the bolt end?

I realize that both wide and narrow spacers go against the heim bearing to provide clearance, but where does the wide one go and where does the narrow one go?

Which way do the heim bolts that go through the heim bushing face?

On the rear bar there are 3-holes. Which one should one start off with the middle one?

Lastly, how does one adjust the heim link lengths? It seems the stock length is too short for both front and rear neutral set-ups....

Thanks for the info!
Old 05-12-2008, 07:49 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

it doesn't matter which end is up or down. You need them to mount so that they are as perpendicular to the bar/control arm as possible. You want the spacers on each side of the ball joint inside of the heim. You will need to decided which spacer goes on which side, again based on getting everything as perpendicular as possible.

Use the center holes to start, move close to the bar to stiffen, further away to soften.

To adjust length, just loosen the lock nut and turn.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:17 PM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Cool, that's exactly how I mounted em!!!

Thanks for the confirmation!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:29 PM
BlackRocket
Drifting

One more ?

I searched the forum and found some threads recommending that washers be placed between the mount and the mounting surface to reduce gripping tension restricting the rotation of the bar itself.

I placed two very thin stainless steel washers under the front bar mounts which suprisingly helped a bunch.

What about the rear bar. Is this a recommended procedure for the rear bar as well or only for the front one.

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To T1 sway bar install questions....

Quick Reply: T1 sway bar install questions....