Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great day running at Summit Main

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Great day running at Summit Main

It was great weather, great conditions, and the car ran well, other than an exhaust tip that decided to eject itself from my exhaust system.

I did a personal best of a 1:21:6, according to a buddy who was timing the runs, and Jim M. with his JMAC/LGmotorsports Z06 ran a 1:17:8 on hoosiers...

It was good meeting Geoff, Seeing Joe G. again (Thanks for the instructional and ride-along) and seeing the guys who stopped by to watch us run!

Now it's onto VIR next Friday-Sunday!!!

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 05-16-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Geoff17
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike it was great to meet you and yes it was a fun event despite my destroying a Hoosier. Thank you also for introducing me to Joe G. Man your car is a beast. Usually pulling a twin T P car is not too difficult at Summit Main-I was sure glad to hear your car wasn't stock. Looking forward to great track season with you. Make sure to sign up for all the Corvette, Ferrari, Porsche & Seat Time events-I will be there and we can continue our fun.

Geoff

PS Your exhaust tip tasted fine as I ran over it!

PPS I sent you an E mail regarding my tapes of today-wish yours was working I wanted to see my 4 wheel drift at turn 1!!

Last edited by Geoff17; 05-15-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Geoff, take a look at this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhoqo0bewp8

I finally got one session on tape, and wouldn't you know, it's session 5 after you and I had such a great run in session 4...

I'll post some on youtube once I go thru it... I don't think I had more than one 1:23 on it, but I know you and I were flying out there, so I'll want to see the footage...

What I noticed is I could get a run on T10 and could evenly pace you down T1, but really didn't have enough grip to get enough to "overwhelm" you. These MPSCs aren't hoosiers for sure, and as the day ran oin I could see them falling off and my car sliding a lot more... In T5-7 I had to be real mindful of my throttle or I'd be all over the place... Even with AWD, the power this car is putting down just kills the tires... I may have to go the hoosier route afterall...

It was a blast running together for sure. Can't wait until the next round of Seattime.

Mike
Old 05-17-2008, 07:23 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Some Pics from Thursday at the point!!

Last edited by Mikelly; 05-17-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UfawWA4L8Q

Mike
Old 05-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQiAdPsAWUQ

More in-car from the S2000 that Geaff and I blew past... Later in the clip.

Mike
Old 05-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Geoff17
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mikelly
Geoff, take a look at this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhoqo0bewp8

I finally got one session on tape, and wouldn't you know, it's session 5 after you and I had such a great run in session 4...

I'll post some on youtube once I go thru it... I don't think I had more than one 1:23 on it, but I know you and I were flying out there, so I'll want to see the footage...

What I noticed is I could get a run on T10 and could evenly pace you down T1, but really didn't have enough grip to get enough to "overwhelm" you. These MPSCs aren't hoosiers for sure, and as the day ran oin I could see them falling off and my car sliding a lot more... In T5-7 I had to be real mindful of my throttle or I'd be all over the place... Even with AWD, the power this car is putting down just kills the tires... I may have to go the hoosier route afterall...

It was a blast running together for sure. Can't wait until the next round of Seattime.

Mike
Hey Mike, I have been busy since Seat Time. I was supposed to be at SPoint for the Porsche event yesterday and Today but too busy at work. I went through the 2 videos I have and you appear on one of them. I will forward it to you. We had very few clean runs which is surprising for a Seat Time event. Hopefully the next Seat Time will have some faster cars.

In any case we will have some fun as the season progresses.

Geoff
Old 05-21-2008, 06:53 AM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff17
Hey Mike, I have been busy since Seat Time. I was supposed to be at SPoint for the Porsche event yesterday and Today but too busy at work. I went through the 2 videos I have and you appear on one of them. I will forward it to you. We had very few clean runs which is surprising for a Seat Time event. Hopefully the next Seat Time will have some faster cars.

In any case we will have some fun as the season progresses.

Geoff
Geoff,

Missed you out there Monday! But Tuesday was a good one to skip. Monday featured sunny if cold (62? high) weather and lots of track time--5 25-30 min sessions. I solo'd after #4 and I wish it had been earlier. I learned a lot but at the same time my instructor had a different line in several places that took a lot of adjustment and most agree is pretty conservative. I look fwd to solo time now-- I grew so much in 3 sessions alone--must be just one less thing to concentrate on--no need to speak. I think there were far less cars those 3 sessions also--definitely all Tuesday. Many saw forecast and no-showed.

Tuesday didn't work out. Rain before start and I skipped sess#1 talking to my instructor who was heading home. Plus wanted to save my pads & equipment for better weather (afternoon was scheduled to clear by 2:00). Got in 2 great solo sessions w/ a few puddles on track --last one started to rain mid-session and I still loved it--smoothness was there so light rain ok.

Rained hard at noon and they CANCELLED THE EVENT right then. They wanted to go home to NJ. The weather let up as scheduled and by 3:00 track was dry and weather partly cloudy (some sun)--but not a soul around. Got up close to see some corners on foot.

So what do you mean very few clean runs? Still slow on seat time? I realize now that I grow so much faster with less cars on track--far less traffic to manage. Let's you work on your line. Might do a FATT just to get signed for seat time--but no seat time on schedule now anyway

Andy

Last edited by sothpaw2; 05-21-2008 at 06:57 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Geoff17
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Andy, glad to hear you had a good time. The Schattenbaum group is a lot of fun. Congrats on the sign off. I was sure unhappy that I had to miss it-especially after prepaying-oh well.
Regarding the last Seat Time, there were not too many cars but there were about 8 slower variety cars-good drivers just slower cars. Even though they were pretty diligent in the pass byes you still lose a lot of momentum.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:19 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like you need a "C6Z" class at the NCM event!

Get notified of new replies

To Great day running at Summit Main

Quick Reply: Great day running at Summit Main