Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ALMS, a great lesson in racing Vettes today for me:)

Old 05-17-2008, 10:22 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default ALMS, a great lesson in racing Vettes today for me:)

I went to the race specifically to talk to as many teams running Vettes as I could. First I ran into George Smith, he has a very very finely built C5, just finished, superb craftsmanship, and lives in UT like I do, going to help me out with plans for my wing mounts, etc.

Then I ran into Rick from Spring Mountain, we talked for quite some time, bought me lunch and all, dang fine indeed, I had the best weekend of my life there in Jan

Off to see the cars, absolutely the best learning day of my short life into Vettes.

Every single team there answered lots of questions, let me take all the pics I wanted, just cannot say enough to thank them all.

Of course I did let them know I was building, all by myself, a pretty much all out track car, cage and all, C6Z WC body, etc.......

I asked very nicely if I could look, take pics, ask questions, etc and made sure they knew I was not there with any intentions except learn how to build my car better and that I have no plans to compete against them.

I have some really great pics of some great fabrication, layout, etc..... if anybody wants to host some let me know. I took them on a 7mp camera so big files but can make them any size you wish.

Thanks,
Rick
Old 05-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Tavarez
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't mind you sharing some of those pictures
Old 05-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Kanmer
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

The ALMS teams are quite accessible. That is one of the reasons the series is so much better than Asscar. While we were at Limerock last year there was almost unlimited access. At Daytona, with Grand Am, we were in the Sahlen's garage crawling all over the C6R as well as asking questions. Another great series. The folks at both of these series couldn't be nicer. Even if you were going to go and compete against them, I think they would have treated you the same.

Glad you had a good experience. I wish I could figure out a way to come out and run Miller. It looks like an awsome track.

Bob
Old 05-18-2008, 09:35 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Races are done, so am I, very little rest in the last few days, 90+ degrees today and it has been a cold, wet, snowy spring then bamm, hot, hard to adjust!

Anyway, it was so sweet to see the LG up into 3rd and for many laps battling back but not quite able to get around a couple of cars. They have come along way and are going along way, going to be very interesting to follow in the coming races.

Lou, You really have a great bunch of guys on your crew, they were of great help to me in working out what I am going to do with my car, very kind about it and honestly interested yet able to get thier job done as well. I did my best to stay back, not interfere and only ask questions during any lul in their activities, etc. I respect very much what you are doing and the magnitude of this new level you and your team are dealing with .

What more can I say except I am honored be now be a first hand witness to your moving up the ladder, much success to you all!!!!

Rick
Old 05-18-2008, 09:36 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

I have pics to share but nowhere to host them at the moment, I can send them to anybody that wants to take a look and host them.

Rick
Old 05-18-2008, 10:29 PM
ProgGod
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll host them if you like, you can send them to me at cvfraam@prestongarrison.com
Old 05-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Kanmer
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by raam
I have pics to share but nowhere to host them at the moment, I can send them to anybody that wants to take a look and host them.

Rick
Start an account at www.photobucket.com Its free and easy, like some waitresses I know.

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To ALMS, a great lesson in racing Vettes today for me:)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ALMS, a great lesson in racing Vettes today for me:)