Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness mounts?..Pics Included

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Kanmer
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Default Harness mounts?..Pics Included

I have G Force 6 pt harnesses with Corbeauu seats about to go in. The mounts that are in there now are mounted to the hard pointsthat the stock DOT 3 pts are mounted to. Is there any reason that I cannot use the same mounts with the Corbeaus? I figure one hard mount to the vehicle is as good as another. They are mounted the same on both sides of the vehicle.

TIA for any answers

Bob
Old 05-19-2008, 11:59 AM
mwvettec5
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob,

I can't answer except to say I found the VERY same mounts in a C5 I bought about a month ago.

I've been scratching my head trying to figure what kind of lap belts will attach to those mounts

Hope someone here can answer your question

E
Old 05-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Those are the Brey-Krause lapbelt mounts... I have a set of simpson belts that work just fine.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,930 Likes on 5,334 Posts

Originally Posted by mwvettec5
Bob,

I can't answer except to say I found the VERY same mounts in a C5 I bought about a month ago.

I've been scratching my head trying to figure what kind of lap belts will attach to those mounts

Hope someone here can answer your question

E
As previous poster said they are BK mounts and clip on belt ends are used to fasten the belts to the mounts. G Force provides separate ends that can be installed on their belts while you have to buy the Simpson belts with the clip ons sewed on the belt end.

You can see the end that is used on this page of the Simpson catalog (look at floor mount end):
http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/p...5&prod_id=1560

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 05-19-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:22 PM
mwvettec5
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THANKS !!!

Old 05-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Kanmer
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

So the short answer is YES I can use those with my g Force belts and Corbeau seats with no tech issues. They are satisfactory for safety. I do have the clip ends for the belts.

Bob
Old 05-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,930 Likes on 5,334 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanmer
So the short answer is YES I can use those with my g Force belts and Corbeau seats with no tech issues. They are satisfactory for safety. I do have the clip ends for the belts.

Bob
The short answer is It Depends. Some of that depends is based on what type of Corbeau seat you are getting. Are you transfering the inner seat belt mount from the stock seat track to the new seat track?

Just remember both the stock belts and the race harnesses have to go through the belt pass through at the back of the seat. If they go over the belt pass through they will not fit across your pelvis properly. You also have to pay attention where the belt is mounted compared to the location of the belt mount and the spot where the seat back and seat bottom join. Review the G Force belt installation information and as long as you are compliant with what they say you should be OK.

I have the BK mounts in my car but do not use them anymore since I went with an Ultrashield race seat and Hardbar seat rails. I changed the G Force belt ends from Clip On style to bolt on style and fastened them to the Hardbar rails. The antisub belts go through the hole in the seat and fasten to the front part of the rails underneat the seat and the seat belts themselves fasten to the rear of the rails behind the seat. I could probably have used the outside BK mount and left the clip on end on it but I thought is would be easier when I removed the seat if the belts come right out with it.

If you look at my installation you can also see the BK mount is a little too far forward of the pass through hole in the seat. You do not want to twist the belt when it is in use. Any twisting reduces the belts effective width to the narrowest section of the twist. That is one of the causes of Earnhardt senior's outside lap belt tearing in his fatal crash.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 05-19-2008 at 12:52 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Harness mounts?..Pics Included

Quick Reply: Harness mounts?..Pics Included