Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dumb questions: accusump & camber plates

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dumb questions: accusump & camber plates

:o

picking up my car this afternoon, among other things, I had an accusump & camber plates installed

how do i change the oil & how do I adjust the alignment?
Old 05-22-2008, 04:09 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

when you change oil, just "open" the accusump and let the oil run out. When you refilll it, add the extra oil, and it will fill the accusump back up. If you have the electric valve, it will vill the accusump even if the valve is closed (it "leaks" one way). Once you've fired it up and let everything equilize, just close the valve, shut the engine down, and check the oil as usual. A 3-qt accusump won't actually hold 3-qts, as there is an air pocket in there.

If you went with GM camber plates, then you can't adjust them. They are fixed at the Maximum setting. You can shim the upper control arms to remove camber, or get the pfadt or hardbar plates with have different plates with the holes in varrying positions.

Once you get your alignment numbers (check with a level and tape measure if you have to), we can advise on what you should do.

Quick Reply: dumb questions: accusump & camber plates