Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Congrats Wynveen, Atlanta National Tour

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 10:52 PM
christoc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Congrats Wynveen, Atlanta National Tour

Congrats to Steve Wynveen (sp?) on his third National Tour Win, and first in SS with his 04 Z16.

Great driving, but I need to know for myself. Did you drive that much better today, or did I just drive that much worse?
Old 05-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Windscreen
Heel & Toe

I definitely drove better today. I think there was a 42.0 out there today and a 43.5 yesterday, but I'm just not as comfortable with the 'Vette yet as I was in the S2000. This was only my 8th dry event in the car, and four of those were last season after Nationals (put the Penskes on over the winter). Coming into last weekend I was really doubting if I could get a decent run in only three tries. Guess I answered that question

Conners was struggling with brakes hanging up on the Elise, so I know he could have gone faster. It will be telling to see how close I am to Salerno in four weeks at the DC Pro. Wish me luck, I'll need it!

-Steve
Old 05-26-2008, 01:29 AM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Windscreen
It will be telling to see how close I am to Salerno in four weeks at the DC Pro. Wish me luck, I'll need it!

-Steve
He's fast in anything. He co-drove my Z16 this weekend to FTD in NNJR, I coned a second place 66.3 away and he still beat that by 1.3 seconds: https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/file...242008_pax.htm

Congrats on the victory. See you in DC.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Dave OH32
Instructor

Originally Posted by Windscreen
I definitely drove better today. I think there was a 42.0 out there today and a 43.5 yesterday, but I'm just not as comfortable with the 'Vette yet as I was in the S2000. This was only my 8th dry event in the car, and four of those were last season after Nationals (put the Penskes on over the winter). Coming into last weekend I was really doubting if I could get a decent run in only three tries. Guess I answered that question

Conners was struggling with brakes hanging up on the Elise, so I know he could have gone faster. It will be telling to see how close I am to Salerno in four weeks at the DC Pro. Wish me luck, I'll need it!

-Steve

Congrats Steve, definitely a great performance this weekend, in what always proves to be a very tough class. Wish I had been able to put a clean run together on Saturday so I could have been a little closer to you overall. Looking forward to DC, should be an even tougher battle. But look out, the PJ's might make another appearance Congrats again!

-Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Congrats Wynveen, Atlanta National Tour

Quick Reply: Congrats Wynveen, Atlanta National Tour