Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with another seat mounting problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 12:16 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Help with another seat mounting problem

I've been reading the other threads about mounting seats but for the most part they involve C5/C6's and seats that use side mounts like those from Hardbar.

I just picked up a pair of Corbeau Forza's for my C4 (87 coupe) and these seats came with the Corbeau slider brackets (which I haven't decided on using at this point).

The Corbeau Forza seat does not have provisions for side mounts. There are 4 vertical bolts at the corners of the seat bottom frame (flatbar steel stock) that attach to the slider brackets.

The seats easily fit inside the car at the height I need (I used wood blocks to establish the height and angle) so now I need to figure out how to attach the seats. The Forza also has a mounting hole to attach the seatback to a harness bar so using that takes a slider bracket out of the equation.

Is it reasonable to fabricate a base that attaches to the factory studs in the floor and bolt the seat to that?

Ideas?? Pics??
Old 05-27-2008, 11:42 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

NCM Sinkhole Donor

ttt

Anyone??
Old 05-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

The IO Port seat back brace has a pull pin to release the seat back brace so you can use sliders if you want. You can even drill extra holes in the horizontal tube of the brace so it will facilitate different drivers. Just thought I'd mention that.

Mounting a bottom attaching seat (without forward back adjustability) can be easily done with some 2" X ?? (however tall your wood blocks are) rectangular aluminum tubing. Cut the tubing at a 45 degree angle at each end so you can mount it to the factory bolts and cut a section out of the bottom to clear the hump between the bolts and give you access to mount the seats. This works for the C5, not sure about the C4. Just some ideas to bounce around. Good Luck.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something like this?
Old 05-27-2008, 05:21 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

NCM Sinkhole Donor

I was thinking about something similar. The material looks like steel flatbar stock. What thickness is the material?? Is the steel just a mild (A36) weld steel?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to be honest, i'm not sure the exact specs of the material, but it is some type of steel cut out and welded together. It was made by speedware motorsports for a C5
Old 05-28-2008, 06:39 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

We have the Hardbar rails in stock for C4's.

Get notified of new replies

To Help with another seat mounting problem

Quick Reply: Help with another seat mounting problem