Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phadt front sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:11 AM
ericstanley
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Phadt front sway bar

I've been thinking about getting one, but I was at an autocross event this weekend helping a fellow Z06-er change tires and noticed that his is digging into the lower control arm. I didn't have a camera with me, so we didn't take any pics.

He has a 2002 C5Z06 with 2004 Z06 shocks. I think it's lowered on stock bolts, but I could be wrong.

Has this happened to other people here? I don't want to do this if I'm going to chew up lower control arms...

Thanks,

Eric
Old 05-27-2008, 09:11 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,406 Likes on 753 Posts

I've helped a couple of friends install T1 bars on their C5s, and we did have to re-adjust (install?) them more than once. IIRC, if there is a ride height difference between the left and right wheels the bar will "walk" to one side, resulting in the bar rubbing the suspension.

HTH, and have a good one,
Mike
Old 05-27-2008, 06:04 PM
geerookie
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Pfadt sways front and rear. No problems what so ever. My car is lowered about 2" with 2 degrees of negative camber. I also have to clear brake duct hoses. No rubbing issues.
There are guides on the bar so it can't walk side to side.
Sounds like it's not installed properly. It's important that the "arms" are mounted to the sway bar in the correct orientation and position.
It's also important that the end links are at the proper length.
The instructions explain the proper angle and orientation of the arms and give a suggested starting length for the end links.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Racin Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Eric,

I PM'd you.

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Phadt front sway bar

Quick Reply: Phadt front sway bar