Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPM Transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 06:36 PM
remayzer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default RPM Transmission?

I have seached the forum to see which tranny to purchase. I am to the point where i need replace they tranny and see a lot of people rebuilding theirs. I honestly do not have the skill set to rebuild the tranny for the abuse HPDE's will put it through. Is an RPM the way to go? if so which model do i need to purchase with a basically stock 01 c5z. If it isnt the way to go who should i have rebuild it. I am in columbus ohio and dont mind driving a bit. Thanks for any advice.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:04 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have an RPM rebuild and don't have anything bad to say about it.

For HPDE I'm not sure what is going to wear out, the syncro's? Most upgrades as I recall were really aimed at drag racers. I'm not sure beyond new syncro's what you need but I'm sure RPM could provide it.

See what others say about what parts will help you.

a
Old 06-01-2008, 07:12 PM
ZR WON
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

I would call and speak with Rodney or Todd personally re: what trans best suits your need. They have always been extraordinarily helpful to myself and others in the central Indiana area re: trans/rear/clutch repairs. They get as many gold stars as allowed in my book, I'm just fortunate to have them so close by.

Brian A.
90 ZR-1
12.09@118
01 Z06
not quite stock
Old 06-01-2008, 07:41 PM
ProgGod
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an RPM stage V w/ 100 miles on it for sale if your interested in it. Defintely the way to go. I ended up with an extra RPM transmission when I decided not to turn one of my cars into a track car.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Wingrider
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had these guys change the gears in my A6, and found them to be a class operation. I would recommend them.

Get notified of new replies

To RPM Transmission?

Quick Reply: RPM Transmission?