Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What battery for '06 C6ZO6?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 06:57 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default What battery for '06 C6ZO6?

OK, folks, my battery is toast, what do I replace it with? I hear good things about the Optima, but they don't list a P/N. Suggestions please?
Old 06-03-2008, 07:07 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm running the optima red top from Costco in my 01Z. The book at costco said it wouldnt fit, but magically it fits just fine without even the riser block it comes with.

Wish I could help you with the C6Z but no go. Just be aware the the P/Ns don't always work out.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

Are you looking for a light weight battery? Braille are very nice. My stock battery was 32 lbs, my Braille is 11 pounds.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:25 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aardwolf
Are you looking for a light weight battery? Braille are very nice. My stock battery was 32 lbs, my Braille is 11 pounds.
What is the price of that battery? Also, I assume that is a race only battery that need frequent trickle charge.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Bill Hetzel
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A "race battery" differs from a standard battery in that they are designed to resist high shock and vibration. The "trickle charge" idea may come from the racecars that don't have an alternator (total loss system) but does not apply here.
Drivers put maintainence chargers (not trickle) on only to insure that the battery is up to full potential before the race starts. The alternator in a Vette that's driven on the street will maintain a race battery just fine without additional charging.
Optima's are a "standard" car battery that 's been designed like a race battery. They're very good, though more expensive than a standard car battery like a DieHard.

The full race batterys like a DMS/Varley or Odyssey's cost even more and wouldn't be recommended for a street car.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by 95jersey
What is the price of that battery? Also, I assume that is a race only battery that need frequent trickle charge.
I recently got this model for my C4:

http://www.brailleauto.com/productca...17&idproduct=1

SKU: B14115
Weight: 11 lbs 8 ozs

The battery that started the revolution – The B14115 is the most popular lightweight automotive specific battery on the market today! With a weight of only 11.5 pounds and plenty of power to start V-8 engines, see why racers and car designers demand this battery. More details...
Price: $149.99

I saw Katech was a dealer. I got mine from EDO. You could go lighter depending on displacement/compression I think. Also there are carbonfibre models that weight less yet.

Track and street use for me. No stereo, 350 CID, stock compression.

Get notified of new replies

To What battery for '06 C6ZO6?

Quick Reply: What battery for '06 C6ZO6?