Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joe Gaudette Dominating T1 with Pfadt Sport Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 02:11 PM
0JoshS
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor
Default Joe Gaudette Dominating T1 with Pfadt Sport Shocks

Joe Gaudette is currently campaigning one of the first sets of Pfadt Sport Shocks to find their way into the highly competitive SCCA T1 Class. Joe races on the East Coast where the competition is stiff and many of the competitors are running triple and four-way adjustable shocks that are outside the budget of many racers.

When Joe found out about the adjustable Sport Shocks he was very excited to give them a try. After a terrible accident last season, he rebuilt the car and finally headed out for the first race of the season, a national race at New Hampshire International Speedway. The weekend was wet but Joe was able to qualify 4th in class and then take home the 1st place trophy!

“It is our first National win! First race of the year, first race since the wreck and first race on Pfadt shocks!! ..the shocks felt great. I wasn't able to really fiddle with them that much because it was wet all weekend but I think the ability to soften the rear for the rain race was a huge help. Thanks for a great shock!” wrote an ecstatic Joe after his win.

We are very excited that Joe was able to run the first set of Pfadt Sport Shocks in T1 and immediately start winning races! Joe took home his first ever national win in the first national race of the season but has lead his region’s SCCA T1 points race ever since!

Congratulations Joe! We’re looking forward to you taking the T1 Championship home this year and setting the new standard for T1 shocks. You’re making us proud!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:01 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Way to go Joe!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good to see you back running Joe!

Pfadt has a great product!

Mike
Old 06-11-2008, 07:10 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Let's here some of those lap times.

We all know winning at the regional level normal only takes showing up and driving fairly well.

Where that tire hits the pavement is at Nationals/Run Offs where everyone brings thier A game.

Either way great job and I'd really like to think the Pfadt shocks are the ****, I know my budget that would be good news. BTW what do they cost?
Old 06-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Dave OH32
Instructor

$890.

http://www.pfadtracing.com/catalog/p...products_id/74
Old 06-11-2008, 08:15 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by L98Terror

We all know winning at the regional level normal only takes showing up and driving fairly well.

Where that tire hits the pavement is at Nationals/Run Offs where everyone brings thier A game.

Either way great job and I'd really like to think the Pfadt shocks are the ****, I know my budget that would be good news. BTW what do they cost?
Joe even said the field was thin.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:43 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Joe is a solid driver, and a win is a win. He is soooo close to being one of the top. Maybe running those 5 and 6 heat cycle tires has something to do with him a tick off the pace. Hmmmm?
Old 06-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor

Come on guys, let's get out there and give Joe some competition

You can't win if you don't enter.

-Aaron
Old 06-12-2008, 11:43 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ06
Joe is a solid driver, and a win is a win. He is soooo close to being one of the top. Maybe running those 5 and 6 heat cycle tires has something to do with him a tick off the pace. Hmmmm?
You only need new tires for when it counts, Run Offs.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:55 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Josh, Aaron and the entire Pfadt team, thanks for the faith and support. I'm happy with my performance so far this year as well as the cars, to include your shocks. I'll have more pictures and vids up on the sight soon!

Joe
Old 06-12-2008, 05:09 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

If this is some sort of a shot across my bow, I'll bite.

1. In regards to the implication that I am racing Regionals. I haven't raced a Regional since March of 2006, where I raced in the only 2 Regionals I have ever raced at MMP. Instead of having to complete 4 required Regional races for an SCCA National Comp License, I did so well that those requirements were waived for me and after 2 races I was cleared for a National Comp. In addition, I think it's pretty insulting to many of the Regional drivers who CHOOSE not to do Nationals for many reasons, to infer that you can just "show up" and win. Many Regional turnouts are larger fields and the competition can be just as stiff as any other event. Please, get the facts straight.......

2. Lap times are fine and dandy, but when you move beyond Time Trials you'll find out theres just a bit more to racing. I assure you that my laps put me solidly in the mix Nationally when everything, car, me and other factors are right. I'm not really sure what you want, but I'm not a lap time "swinger", so you typically won't see me boasting about my times. If you are interested, look them up. If you want to find out first hand, rent a T1 car and see what its like in some traffic at ANY National. It's a different world.......

Joe
Old 06-12-2008, 05:10 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

When did I say this and what about?

Joe
Old 06-12-2008, 05:14 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

You only need new tires for when it counts, Run Offs.

Technically, you never NEED new tires. But rest assured, if you run ANY National event on older tires, you are giving up time and longevity in the race to those on newer rubber. Period. The Runoffs ups the game even more, but at any given National most are on new rubber.

Joe
Old 06-12-2008, 05:15 PM
provette67
Le Mans Master

Received 705 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper02Z06
If this is some sort of a shot across my bow, I'll bite.

1. In regards to the implication that I am racing Regionals. I haven't raced a Regional since March of 2006, where I raced in the only 2 Regionals I have ever raced at MMP. Instead of having to complete 4 required Regional races for an SCCA National Comp License, I did so well that those requirements were waived for me and after 2 races I was cleared for a National Comp. In addition, I think it's pretty insulting to many of the Regional drivers who CHOOSE not to do Nationals for many reasons, to infer that you can just "show up" and win. Many Regional turnouts are larger fields and the competition can be just as stiff as any other event. Please, get the facts straight.......

2. Lap times are fine and dandy, but when you move beyond Time Trials you'll find out theres just a bit more to racing. I assure you that my laps put me solidly in the mix Nationally when everything, car, me and other factors are right. I'm not really sure what you want, but I'm not a lap time "swinger", so you typically won't see me boasting about my times. If you are interested, look them up. If you want to find out first hand, rent a T1 car and see what its like in some traffic at ANY National. It's a different world.......

Joe
Old 06-12-2008, 05:36 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

When did I say this and what about?

Joe
last event you were at it was in your thread you stated the field was thin. No shot at you for sure but to claim
the new standard for T1 shocks
is a stretch at best. They may be great for the money as are my re-valved Bilsteins but not the standard. We all know if you got something for 5-8K they are the standard IMHO I love my LGM Wilwoods and they have worked great for years but they are definitely not the standard in braking vs a 15" Brembo kit I could get from LGM.

Good Luck racing I can't even get on track lately. Sorry if my statement came off wrong I apologized. Joe A told me how much you like racing!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:47 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

last event you were at it was in your thread you stated the field was thin.

Good Luck racing I can't even get on track lately. Sorry if my statement came off wrong I apologized. Joe A told me how much you like racing!
Ahh, I thought you were saying that about the NHMS race, the race I won. Yes, I think I did state that about the Nelson race, the field was "thin" if I did use that term meant there just wasn't a large turnout. Class counts are down everywhere. Thin certainly didn't mean the competition was poor, contrary, Tom Sloe whipped me! I'll take my licks and keep on plugging though!

Joe
Old 06-12-2008, 05:55 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Ahh, I thought you were saying that about the NHMS race, the race I won. Yes, I think I did state that about the Nelson race, the field was "thin" if I did use that term meant there just wasn't a large turnout. Class counts are down everywhere. Thin certainly didn't mean the competition was poor, contrary, Tom Sloe whipped me! I'll take my licks and keep on plugging though!

Joe
If two cars show and you beat it you are still the winner . As you know 50% of the battle in racing is getting the car ready and having time to race it unless your filthy rich. Now go win some more and take more Pfadt money! I guess the bad economy and fuel is hurting racing unfortunately.

Get notified of new replies

To Joe Gaudette Dominating T1 with Pfadt Sport Shocks

Old 06-12-2008, 06:08 PM
ryan0
Melting Slicks

not to be a weenie, but the marketing steamroller let this one get out of hand.

maybe it should have said 'doing well', instead of 'dominating'.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If two cars show and you beat it you are still the winner . As you know 50% of the battle in racing is getting the car ready and having time to race
yup...but you still have to reach the checkered regardless too!
Old 06-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

What I find amusing is that when Joe was running hand-me-down tires/brakes/spare parts, everyone encouraged him to hang in there... When Joe was running 30HP down on every other car in T1 last year, everyone said "Good job, hang in there!".

Now that Joe is even with the rest of the field, running Hoosiers, like everyone else, running fresh parts, like everyone else, and with a fresh motor that's within 10HP of everyone else, and he's WINNING and placing well, we get sour grapes from the peanut gallary...

Pretty low class if you ask me...:o

Bottom line is Joe has a FIRST and a SECOND in his first season on an even playing field...That says all I need to know.

Mike

Quick Reply: Joe Gaudette Dominating T1 with Pfadt Sport Shocks