Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Genuine World Challenge Wing For Sale

Old 06-14-2008, 05:22 PM
adamsocb
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 497 Likes on 265 Posts

Default Genuine World Challenge Wing For Sale

I have a Gary Hoffman HB Wing for sale. This is the real deal, designed by a Lockheed Martin Engineer.

It is constructed of real carbon fiber and CNC machined aluminum. It is extremely light and designed for maximum down force with minimum drag.

Here is some information on the wing for any aeronautical engineers out there who are interested.

The first is a confusing Excel sheet with a lot of numbers including the CD at different angles (AOA), down force generated, etc. It also has a chart-translating coefficient of lift (CL) to the actual Angle of Attack (AOA) for use with the included graph that is easier to read.

Excel Data and Plot (Right Click, "Save Target As")

The graph below plots out down force vs. speed at a specific angle. CL=1.2 is about a 0 degree setting and CL=2.2 is about 16 degrees. The graph also shows how this HB wing design improves on the well established Liebeck wing design.

For example, it generates about 700lbs at 11 degrees (2.0 CL) at 150mph. This design tested on some world challenge vipers but it made too much down force for the required 2" front splitter.

The wing and mounts are in new-like condition with no dents, nicks or chips.

My asking price is $2000, that is far less than this wing would cost you new.
Please email me at C5ForSale@projectcba.com if you are interested or have questions.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:14 PM
adamsocb
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 497 Likes on 265 Posts

The wing is SOLD!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Genuine World Challenge Wing For Sale