Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New seats in

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 10:10 AM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New seats in

Well after waiting 8 weeks for my new seats they showed up on Wednesday. I must say that they were well packed. A friend of mine came up on Saturday to help with the install. Removing the OEM seats is easy just the four floor mount bolts on each seat to remove. On the driver side you need to unplug the seat motor also.

Removing the seat rails from the passengers side was fairly easy using a boxed end racquet. It is a tight fit but doable to get the four bolts out that hold the seat to the rail. the driver side is a bit more difficult. But after some studying we found that if you pull back the seat cover and lift the foam padding out of the way it is easy to get to the nuts that hold the driver seat to the rail.

The new seats installed on the OEM rails easier that the OEM seat came off. All the holes lined up great. I will disagree with anyone who say that the fiberglass seat frame is the same as some other aftermarket seats. These seat are made for a C5/6 and no other car.
The way the seat is made made it very easy job to change.

I am 6 foot 280 pounds with that 44 inch waist. I fit "IN' the seats and not "ON" them. They are well worth the money and knowing that if I every get a C6Z I can put these seat in it is just a plus. Oh the seat are Caravaggio
Attached Images     

Last edited by beerkat; 06-15-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:25 AM
02impactblue
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you gain any extra headroom?
Old 06-15-2008, 11:50 AM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I have not sat in them with a helmet on yet. But I would said a little.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:39 PM
blkz
Pro

Looks great. I love mine .
Old 06-15-2008, 07:27 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Some great looking seats
Old 06-15-2008, 08:27 PM
jtkeller
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07

I thought I read somewhere that those seats only fit up to a 34" and that 36" would be tight?
Old 06-15-2008, 08:32 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow those are so nice, what kind of belts are u gonna run.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:14 PM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jtkeller
I thought I read somewhere that those seats only fit up to a 34" and that 36" would be tight?
I been told that by others also. When I order them I ask John if I would fit and He thought I would be good and I am. I will say that if I was bigger I would not fit. I carry most of my weight in my gut and not my butt.

Originally Posted by PA Z06
Wow those are so nice, what kind of belts are u gonna run.
I will use the same Simpson 6pt. that I have been using. There is a slot in the seat to bring the sub-belt up. I am also still using the B-K lap- belt mounting points.

With more clubs making you have passthroughs for should harness I was in need a race seat. This is one of a few seats out there that will fit a big person. It is the only one I know of made for the C5/6. And just being able to keep the "Easy-Out" seat movement is worth it.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Dave F
2nd Gear

Default Caravaggio Seats

The seats look great....I'm thinking of getting a set for my C6. Any suggestions/comments that may help with the process. Thanks for any feedback.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:42 AM
cj68
Pro

I have those exact seats... they work great for a street/track car. 8 weeks... that's not bad! I ordered a steering wheel in Feb and still dont have it yet!

cj
Old 06-16-2008, 09:58 AM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Dave F
The seats look great....I'm thinking of getting a set for my C6. Any suggestions/comments that may help with the process. Thanks for any feedback.
Not really. You have lots of choices to make. The color of the seat , the color of the inserts, the color of the stitching and the color of the seat shell. Also what logo, if any, you want done. I paid with a credit card so your card company made need to be call to said it is a real charge. You do paid up front for you order. Then be prepare to wait 6 to 8 weeks. I am very happy with what I have and look forward to a long life out of them.

I will be at the NCM/VIR event at the end of this month if you or anyone wants to see/ sit in them.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:07 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

I swapped out my C6 Z06 seats for some full power seats out of a regular 2007 C6. I sold the C6 seat skins, but I still have the Z06 seat frames.

I have the seat frames from my C6 Z06 available. I'm willing to part them out. I think the seat bottoms/rails might be good for mounting some race seats.

The passenger side is strictly manual fore and aft adjustment. The driver's seat has the full power adjustment - fore and aft, tilt, up and down.

I'm thinking $50 for the passenger seat rails, $125 for the full power driver's side - plus shipping from Daytona area.

Bob
Old 06-18-2008, 01:13 AM
openhelix
Burning Brakes

they look great!! The C6 should have come with these stock!!
Old 06-24-2008, 04:47 PM
no spin
Instructor

Are you going to drive this car to VIR? Can you post back the distance traveled and how comfortably they are.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Z06cool
Drifting

Originally Posted by no spin
Are you going to drive this car to VIR? Can you post back the distance traveled and how comfortably they are.
BEERKAT will more than likely trailer it.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:39 PM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I trailer the car, never know when you might break. From what little time I have been in them I feel that they will work for me on track. I push the limit of the seat so for me to do more than a couple of hours would e my limit. In all fairness I have changed the bushing to poly material so it is a little harder ride anyway.

A smaller person would find them comfortable for travel.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:08 PM
C5 XTC
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll love them. I have the same seats and in answering one of the questions, I did gain some headroom. They are very comfortable for long hauls.I trailer my car now but did not when I first got them and found them to be as comfortable if not more so than the OEM seats. Enjoy.
C5 XTC

Get notified of new replies

To New seats in

Old 06-25-2008, 07:57 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Hey Beerkat, The seats look great They are worth the wait!! Glad it all worked out, John is not fast but he sure does nice work!!! You will love the seats. See you at VIR. JD
Old 06-25-2008, 10:29 AM
no spin
Instructor

Originally Posted by C5 XTC
You'll love them. I have the same seats and in answering one of the questions, I did gain some headroom. They are very comfortable for long hauls.I trailer my car now but did not when I first got them and found them to be as comfortable if not more so than the OEM seats. Enjoy.
C5 XTC

Thanks for the info.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:44 AM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

hey all you Caravaggio owners. how did you mount the sub belt when installing these seats? I noticed that B-K also offers a C4 sub belt mount but they do not have a C6Z part listed...trying to get all the parts lined up so when the car finally gets here I can swap things out.

Quick Reply: New seats in