Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof skin ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 03:20 PM
red L98
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Roof skin ??

sup guys,

looking for pics of a roof skin instal on a c4 vette . also i have a drag car with a 12 point cage , will having a soft roof like that effect anything on the car ?

thanks
Old 06-17-2008, 04:15 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by red L98
sup guys,

looking for pics of a roof skin instal on a c4 vette . also i have a drag car with a 12 point cage , will having a soft roof like that effect anything on the car ?

thanks
From what angles do you want the pictures? I have one on my C4.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:35 PM
red L98
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ScaryFast
From what angles do you want the pictures? I have one on my C4.
what ever you have , ill take it
Old 06-17-2008, 09:02 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

I can take any photos you want. Are you interested in how it looks on the car or how much head clearance it provides, or how to attach it, or what?

Old 06-17-2008, 09:25 PM
red L98
Melting Slicks

i cant see the pics ?? all i see is bunch of red Xs . im mostly intrested in how it looks on the car, and how you have it attached ... thanks
Old 06-18-2008, 04:09 AM
DREGSZ
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant see the pics ?? all i see is bunch of red Xs . im mostly intrested in how it looks on the car, and how you have it attached ... thanks
We made custom roof panels for the C4 in the 5 lb range
There are lots of ways to attach them. I think we used little stainless nuts and bolts into the factory lips w wood interts to get the ht. right.

Contact Alan Blaine at Blaine Fabrication for details or roof orders.
408 781 0717
Old 06-18-2008, 12:40 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

The pics are on photobucket, perhaps it's blocked where you are.

PM me your email and I can send you the pics.

I attached it to my cage with zeuss fittings mounted in little tabs off of the roof bars. From outside the car it looks stock, from underneath you can of course tell it's a thin panel. I think it's less than 5 lbs, actually. it's just a thin piece of lexan moulded to the shape. I painted it black.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:45 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DREGSZ
Contact Alan Blaine at Blaine Fabrication for details or roof orders.
408 781 0717
Evan, who did your nose and wing on your old C4? Was it all Blaine stuff, or custom?
Old 06-18-2008, 04:54 PM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is my roof panel.

It is lite-weight fiberglass and is held on with zues fasteners, 4 in front, 2 in rear. I own the molds for this piece so I can make you one if needed. $200

Robert Finlayson
Performance AFX Motorsports
Old 06-18-2008, 06:27 PM
DREGSZ
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ScaryFast
Evan, who did your nose and wing on your old C4? Was it all Blaine stuff, or custom?
All custom by Blaine Fab, but Alan can recreate those parts or what they have evolved into and ship them out.

He does incredible Carbon fiber pieces, splitters, hoods etc

C4R had a custom Carbon splitter w aluminum fascia to frame the air intake and basically straps that held it to the nose, 3 per side, with low, medium and high bolt holes to vary the height off the ground.

I had a "motorsports" ground effects kit on the car including rear diffuser underneath but he did the NASCAR adj rear spoiler, and basically built the car. supernice 12 pt cage w NASCAR door bars and jack inserts, custom adapter plate to mate the TKO Tranny and C-beam, set up the drysump pump, plumbed the hose, set up the accessory pulleys all custom fabbed shims, built a firebox to house the dry sump tank in the Pass seat floor, custom cowl induction airbox around the carb, mounted and plumbed the oil accumulator on the forward driver side firewall, installed and plumbed the first fuelpump and regulator and fuel line. He built a super nice Stainless exhaust for the car with 92 db and 103 db interchangable mufflers, for Laguna Seca with outlet thru the left rear quarter panel, (sound booth on track right), Installed the front and rear plexiglass and braces, installed the seat, custom seat back brace, (after NASA rule change), custom subbelt mounts, sorted out the ABS wiring glitches .

He built a great car and I wrote the checks

basically, he got the car as a rolling chassis after the Camaro got T Boned at Sear's Point and built a super nice, very fast, very custom racecar. everywhere you looked on that car there were really cool custom fabrications that showed his awesome craftsmenship!
people who knew welding would always comment when they saw the beads on the cage.

He's they guy you want building a car that your betting your a$$ in. super detail oriented and always looking out for safety first.

He does adj. NASCAR spoilers, Trans Am wings for mail order and all kinds of Carbon parts for C4/5/6 race apps.

Build up pics here:
http://community.webshots.com/user/wavslav

Last edited by DREGSZ; 06-18-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:17 AM
red L98
Melting Slicks

will the side windows seal ? also will this effect the structure of the car ? like i said this a drag car , and will see 8 sec passes
Old 06-19-2008, 11:54 AM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I road race so I don't have side windows. Do you have a roll cage? if so, that is your structure. My panel is very lite 4 or 5 pounds and isn't going to reinforce the car. It is the same size as a standard roof but has no inner structure. Windows could go up,but wouldn't seal perfectly witghout gasket of some kind. Perhaps you could make lexan windows that zues on and would fit closer.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:25 PM
kowalski340
Pro

has anyone weighed a stock targa top?
Old 06-19-2008, 03:19 PM
DREGSZ
Melting Slicks

stock w frame is about 25#s
Old 07-04-2008, 11:04 PM
red L98
Melting Slicks

do you guys think i can some how install the stock targa top weatherstrip seal on the roof skin , so i can get a seal that i would get with a stock roof ? thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/84-96...mZ310062354589

Get notified of new replies

To Roof skin ??

Quick Reply: Roof skin ??