Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STACK or AIM dash?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 06:52 PM
kowalski340
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STACK or AIM dash?

has anyone used a STACK dash or AIM dash in their racecar or track/street car? I am seriously considering one of them for my C4 trackday/street car.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Why not consider a Traqmate unit. No beacon is required, and is about 1/2 the price of an AIM system with GPS.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:46 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

I had a STACK system, but pre-GPS. I don't know if STACK uses GPS now, but that's the only way I'd go.

A friend of mine asked me to check out the systems by rlc.com. Looks good, GPS and predictive lap timing (great for qualifying), but I've never heared of them before now.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:28 AM
WBHighwind
Burning Brakes

Ive used AIM products in karting for years and that stuff is quality instruments. It is at least 600 to get into the serious telemetry with track mapping and that's in the karting stuff so I dunno about the car stuff.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by WBHighwind
Ive used AIM products in karting for years and that stuff is quality instruments. It is at least 600 to get into the serious telemetry with track mapping and that's in the karting stuff so I dunno about the car stuff.
A guy priced me a used one and after adding the GPS module, I was going to be out $2,000 +.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Bill Hetzel
Pro

Call Dave or Ellan at Veracitydata in the Sunnyvale, 408-732-6606. They're both very knowledgeable. Both are SCCA national drivers. Dave's the kind of guy who would work on your system at the racetrack and not charge you a dime.
They handle Stack, Aim, Motec and others.

I think AIM's the best bang for the buck. The lower priced acquisition/dash for the karts and the cars are almost identical. I've also used AIM's high end system, really good. And their manuals are very good which is important ( compared to something like PI who's manual is useless).

Get notified of new replies

To STACK or AIM dash?

Quick Reply: STACK or AIM dash?