Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Jersey Motorsports Park - Lighting course w/ EMRA

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 09:23 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New Jersey Motorsports Park - Lighting course w/ EMRA

Any vette's going down for the first inagural HPDE at NJMP? The event is July 11th-13th. The last reports says everything is paved and the buildings are 90% complete. EMRA is having an HPDE on Friday with Time trials and races on Saturday and Sunday.

I have been waiting for this course for more than 5 years.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:13 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

We should make a cruise to it.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:35 AM
fmrfast
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be there with my C4, I will use Friday as a test & tune day, learn the track and get myself up to speed, I have not raced since Nov at Summit point. Then I will compete in the endurance race on Saturday & the sprint race on Sunday
I hope some Corvette guys show up!!
If you guys have street cars they have the HPDE, also you should see about competing in the Time Trial that is also for street cars.

Frank

Last edited by fmrfast; 06-23-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:03 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by fmrfast
I will be there with my C4, I will use Friday as a test & tune day, learn the track and get myself up to speed, I have not raced since Nov at Summit point. Then I will compete in the endurance race on Saturday & the sprint race on Sunday
If you guys have street cars they have the HPDE, also you should see about competing in the Time Trial that is also for street cars.

Frank
The time trial is Saturday and unfortunately I have a family function I need to attend otherwise I would love to give it a shot. I will be there on Friday for the HPDE. I almost want to pinch myself. I was speaking with Tom Oates who said he walked the course and it was going to be fast, challenging with some blind apex's over a couple elevation changes.

I am definately going to break out the camera for this one and will post on the forum.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:05 PM
STEVEN13
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by fmrfast

Frank
Hi Frank,

Good Luck!!

Steven
Old 06-23-2008, 01:10 PM
TTPMatt
Supporting Vendor

TTP will be there. We'll have the Silver C6, Blue C5Z, and the Black RX-7 again. Look forward to seeing the new track!
Old 06-23-2008, 01:35 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
TTP will be there. We'll have the Silver C6, Blue C5Z, and the Black RX-7 again. Look forward to seeing the new track!
oh no, not that RX-7 again... It's just not fair!

This time I will stop by and say hello for sure! And while your not looking, I'll see if I can pull a spark plug or two
Old 06-23-2008, 01:47 PM
fmrfast
Racer

Originally Posted by STEVEN13
Hi Frank,

Good Luck!!

Steven
Thanks
Old 06-23-2008, 02:15 PM
TTPMatt
Supporting Vendor

oh no, not that RX-7 again... It's just not fair!

This time I will stop by and say hello for sure! And while your not looking, I'll see if I can pull a spark plug or two
LOL 95Jersey.. Definitely come by and say hello. Like to put a full face to the name. I've seen the car before definitely. Kyle's car moves out, as he gets some seat time we should be going faster and faster. We have some plans before the event to realign the car and add a few more ponies with some changes Kyle's bored of it already wants more HP and weight out of the car, lol.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:45 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 95jersey
The time trial is Saturday and unfortunately I have a family function I need to attend otherwise I would love to give it a shot. I will be there on Friday for the HPDE. I almost want to pinch myself. I was speaking with Tom Oates who said he walked the course and it was going to be fast, challenging with some blind apex's over a couple elevation changes.

I am definately going to break out the camera for this one and will post on the forum.
Let me know how it goes. This track is only 100 mi from me which makes it 2nd closest.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:23 PM
kingkyle
Advanced

Anyone know if NJ motorsports park has a noise restriction?

I hope not...
Old 06-26-2008, 09:53 AM
TTPMatt
Supporting Vendor

kingkyle: Why, your car is a stock rx-7 who would bother you with that quiet exhaust?
Old 06-26-2008, 10:52 AM
kingkyle
Advanced

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
kingkyle: Why, your car is a stock rx-7 who would bother you with that quiet exhaust?
hah I guess your right Matt... and I was thinking about taking my cats out

On a serious note... I would hate to get kicked out of a brand new track. I saw a parade lap on youtube and it track looks SICK! Nice high speed sweepers that separate the men from the boys.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:47 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Very dramatic elevation changes and very long straits with fast sweepers. I just hope they move those tires barriers as far as possible. It reminds me of a mini-VIR than say WG.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:11 PM
American Power
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you need some sort of racing license to run in the trial?

I would like to get timed in my car, but I have only done HPDE.

I'm really not interested in wheel to wheel with my car. It's to nice to "f" up.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:38 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

[QUOTE=American Power;1566063401]Do you need some sort of racing license to run in the trial?

I'm really not interested in wheel to wheel with my car. It's to nice to "f" up.[/QUOTE

With EMRA, to run TT I think you need to buy a temp license for $20 (I think).

If you have never done TT before, it's a WHOLE new ball game. Initially you think it's going to simply be a timed HPDE run, but if you have never done one, it's hard to explain the feeling that comes over you while waiting at the start/finish. Remeber the first time you did HPDE...being nervous? Multiply times 10.

ALso, you are on the track all by yourself with all these people watching you, so that is kind of erie feeling. There is no help and no second chances. You get 1 warm up lap, 2 timed laps, and 1 cool down lap. If you think you've pushed yourself at an HPDE sometimes, wait until you do those 2 laps being timed down to the 100th of a second...your heart will be pounding.

And if you actually win or do well, they have a podium and all, really brings a new level of fun to HPDE while being fairly safe, BUT just keep in mind that your insurance company will most likely NOT cover you during the TT portion as that is a time race event. So if something goes wrong on any of those 4 laps, it's ALL on you.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:41 AM
kingkyle
Advanced

[QUOTE=95jersey;1566063755]
Originally Posted by American Power
Do you need some sort of racing license to run in the trial?

I'm really not interested in wheel to wheel with my car. It's to nice to "f" up.[/QUOTE

With EMRA, to run TT I think you need to buy a temp license for $20 (I think).

If you have never done TT before, it's a WHOLE new ball game. Initially you think it's going to simply be a timed HPDE run, but if you have never done one, it's hard to explain the feeling that comes over you while waiting at the start/finish. Remeber the first time you did HPDE...being nervous? Multiply times 10.

ALso, you are on the track all by yourself with all these people watching you, so that is kind of erie feeling. There is no help and no second chances. You get 1 warm up lap, 2 timed laps, and 1 cool down lap. If you think you've pushed yourself at an HPDE sometimes, wait until you do those 2 laps being timed down to the 100th of a second...your heart will be pounding.

And if you actually win or do well, they have a podium and all, really brings a new level of fun to HPDE while being fairly safe, BUT just keep in mind that your insurance company will most likely NOT cover you during the TT portion as that is a time race event. So if something goes wrong on any of those 4 laps, it's ALL on you.

Very good description. That "Erie" feeling is like crack. Thats why i'm addicted to time trails and wheel to wheel

Get notified of new replies

To New Jersey Motorsports Park - Lighting course w/ EMRA

Old 06-27-2008, 11:34 AM
STEVEN13
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

I would also like to add that EMRA runs a great event. I have been running with them since the late 1990s. Forum member Frank R (fmrfast) was the head instructor for many years.

I wish I could have gone!

Steven
Old 06-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Nihilation
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any spots open still? I'd rather do this than Summit Point if they don't fix the track surface.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:07 PM
FiveOJoe
Instructor

Turn 1 is going to be interesting!!!

I hope to see some vettes there!!!

Joe

Last edited by FiveOJoe; 07-02-2008 at 08:00 PM.

Quick Reply: New Jersey Motorsports Park - Lighting course w/ EMRA