Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the C5Z be Obsoleted in SCCA SS Class?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 12:24 PM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Will the C5Z be Obsoleted in SCCA SS Class?

The July 2008 Fastrack includes the proposal to move the Elise SC and the Exige S into SS class in 2009. The N/A Elise has already won the SS championship and now they are proposing to add a supercharged version that will give it more torque down low where the current Elise is weak.

This will make, IMHO, the C5Z, the N/a Elise and Exige obsolete in SCCA Stock classes unless members write letters opposing this classing proposal.

What do you guys think? Should this be allowed for a light weight, low volume car like the Elise S and the Exige SC?
Old 06-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 370 Likes on 306 Posts

I think go-karts belong in a seperate class.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Dave OH32
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TedDBere
The July 2008 Fastrack includes the proposal to move the Elise SC and the Exige S into SS class in 2009. The N/A Elise has already won the SS championship and now they are proposing to add a supercharged version that will give it more torque down low where the current Elise is weak.

This will make, IMHO, the C5Z, the N/a Elise and Exige obsolete in SCCA Stock classes unless members write letters opposing this classing proposal.

What do you guys think? Should this be allowed for a light weight, low volume car like the Elise S and the Exige SC?
Ted, I woke up to reading the Fastrack as well and was pretty disappointed. I see no need to put the Elise SC/ExigeS in SS right now - 6 NA Lotai in the top 18 at Nats last year says to me that the SC'd versions would absolutely own everything else in the class right now.

I'm also not a fan of the 08+ Viper either. Not to mention the ProSolo potential of the AWD 996 Turbo... The RWD GT3 has enough of a 60ft. advantage over the Corvettes as it is.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:41 PM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

If you disagree with the proposals and are an active autocrosser, make sure that you submit your feedback. sebATsccaDOTcom

Maybe I shouldn't have parked my C5 Z06 for this year and gotten one (last) competitive year out of it . . .
Old 06-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Dave OH32
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acrace
If you disagree with the proposals and are an active autocrosser, make sure that you submit your feedback. sebATsccaDOTcom

Maybe I shouldn't have parked my C5 Z06 for this year and gotten one (last) competitive year out of it . . .

Already started writing a letter.

Get notified of new replies

To Will the C5Z be Obsoleted in SCCA SS Class?

Quick Reply: Will the C5Z be Obsoleted in SCCA SS Class?