Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sway bars with pfadt coilovers

Old 06-28-2008, 02:59 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Default sway bars with pfadt coilovers

I use my zo6 for both hpde track days and autocross events. I don't care about staying in a certain class I just want to go as fast as possible . I started out using T1 bars with stock c5zo6 suspension. Recently I upgraded to pfadt coilovers and wide ccw wheels and tires. My question is what sway bar combination is optimal for track and auto-x. The T1's feel pretty good on the track with the rears on the softest settings. However in auto-x I feel like the car is too stiff with the T1's and likes to push going into turns and spin coming out of turns. I just put on my stock zo6 bars to try next weekend at auto-x and I'm hoping my tires won't rub with them. Anyone have any suggestions? Do people use different sway bars or settings for track vs. auto-x? Thanks.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:44 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I can definitely say that the driving is so different it would make sense to run different setups for auto cross and road racing. I know the T-1 setup is optimized for the latter. My gut feeling is that you need more softness in the suspension for autocross.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:34 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Yeah it makes sense to at least have different settings. I think I will try one day next weekend with the stock bars and one day with the T1's and see how it feels. Just driving around on the street I notice the stock bars have a LOT more body roll than the T1's. I thought it might be interesting to step back and see how the car feels with the stock bars and go from there.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Dave OH32
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd recommend you try out the Pfadt bars. They're works of art and very adjustable to help dial in the car to where you want it. I have their bar on the front of my superstock Z06 and its phenomenal.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:38 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Dave OH32
I'd recommend you try out the Pfadt bars. They're works of art and very adjustable to help dial in the car to where you want it. I have their bar on the front of my superstock Z06 and its phenomenal.
Street or competition bar? I was wondering what the super stock guys used in front. Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To sway bars with pfadt coilovers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sway bars with pfadt coilovers