Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here to help for all your tuning and porting needs C5 & C6

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:25 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Here to help for all your tuning and porting needs C5 & C6

Hello all, I just wanted to let you guys know that we are here to optimize the tuning of your C5 or C6. We have been tuning for over 8 years and have tuned 1000's of LSX based vehicles. We are based in FL but travel all around the country dynoing and porting. We have many clients in the south and are looking to branch out a bit. Many are in NASA, some in SCCA, and recreational groups such as safe motorsports and Chin motorsports.
We just recently had a customer set a track record in his class down in Homestead, FL. If many of you are competing in a power regulated class we can optimize TQ while meeting the HP criteria of your class.
If you are looking for the best throttle response and best TQ coming out of the corners but still want a very driveable car. Or if you have a heavily modified car and are not happy with the performance of it we can help.
We on a day to day basis select the best parts that will give the best bang for the buck that will make the right combination custom tailored for YOUR application.
We are extremely thorough and precise in our tuning and go much farther into the code than other tuners. We can offer ported TBs and intake manifolds with dyno proven results. We can offer many MODIFIED STK PARTS if you are in a stk class that will make a solid difference in power throughout the power band. We have 100's of combinations in our tuning library we can mail order tune and dyno tune as well. Please check out our website @ fasterproms.net .
We can help you optimize your power curve. I dyno at least 4 days a week on average and I know what it takes to make a ROCK SOLID COMBO with best TQ and smoothness. I can pick the best parts to make your car very fast.
I look forward to helping you guys out. Thank you
Jeremy Formato
Old 07-01-2008, 11:40 PM
spankythegator
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeremy, as I've told you already in person...you are the man. For those considering him as a tuner please read:

I was fortunate enough to have made the connection with Jeremy through my local dyno shop Aftermath Performance. My car had already been tuned multiple times by another shop out of town after a cam install. The only problem was the horrible driveablility of the car and the original shop couldn't get it any better...lots of surging and it would idle erratically and even stall on occasion...lets just say I was not a fan of stop lights...of course when I hit the gas the added power put a smile back on my face but the poor driveability became too much. So by the time my car got in Jeremy's hands I was at my wits end. The first dyno pull with my old tune showed what looked like a normal dyno readout to me...of course Jeremy looked at it and gave one of his signature 'oook' remarks. He then went to work on his laptop going over all the tables and graphs in HP tuners...I have HPT myself and he was tweaking and adjusting so fast I had to sit down and just let him work his majic..it was impressive to watch especially being familiar with the HPT software. We then go for a dyno pull after his adjustments....now the hp curve looks perfectly smooth...no longer jumpy and erratic...the torque was equally smooth and surprisingly nice n flat as was my air/fuel all the way to redline which is especially important to me since I regularly track my car. Comparing the two dyno readouts was shocking....ohh and another unexpected result was the added Hp and torque! His comment was "nice...we can make it better" so he continued to work on the car fine tuning this and that adding .01 here etc. getting it to where he felt it was perfect...of course I was happy after the first pull.....after finishing the dyno work we took the car out for a drive to tune the driveability...this is where I wanted to see results and VOILA! He tweaked this and that and bam...all of a sudden my car will idle...wow...no more surging or buck buck bucking as I drive down the road...having driven my car for so long like that it felt like I was driving a different car....I couldn't thank him enough then...and I'm still thanking him now. His tuning has made a major difference in my car not only on the street but on the track as well...the power comes on so much better now...very predictable and smooth yet I'm going even faster than before....it's just easier to drive and take to the edge and it shows...I now have 4 NASA TTS track records at Sebring, Homestead, Roebling Road and Road Atlanta...I am so thankful to have met Jeremy and he is the only tuner that I will ever go to again.

-Jared McGillicuddy aka 'Spanky'
Old 07-07-2008, 02:32 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Here are some graphs of some Cars that we dynoed, tuned, and swapped the intakes and TBs. Some are direct A-B swaps and show the results. Some are Base runs then a rough tune and then we swap the intake and TB, and then fully optimize the tune.

1st is a Stk 07 LS7 ported and tuned: 1st is base, 2nd is base tune, 3rd is ported and tuned completely.

Here is a bolt-on 07 LS7 (w/ headers CA)I base tune and then ported and tuned.

Here are two C6 LS2's with just cai and cat backs before and after tune and Ported intake and TB:

383 LS6 to ported FAST and nice set of heads:

408 LS6 to ported FAST:

Obviously the larger motors wanted the larger manifold more than a smaller motor but we have had an LS2 with one of our ported LS2s on it Put a ported FAST on there and pick up 22RWHP and 30RWTQ on a 6L bolt-on 07 vette.

Jeremy Formato
Old 07-07-2008, 08:11 PM
sgsvette
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeremy,

Mike at TEC should have sent you my ECM for a preliminary tune so I can fire up the engine.
I'm looking forward to having you do the final tuning once I get the engine completely installed and ready.
My friend Jerry M. with the supercharged C6 talks very highly of you. You come highly recommended.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:16 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Sounds good I think I give him a call I have been meaning to. Thank you
Jeremy Formato
Old 07-30-2008, 06:18 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Here is another ported LS2 GTO w236/240 cam to that had been fully optimized then upgraded the manifold to a ported FAST and then tuned for.

Here is one of the higher gains we have had porting a FAST on an A-B test.

Here is another Z06 w/ typical results from stk w/ KN to tuned to ported intake

SO we heard somewhere that the ported LS3s werent picking up any power...We have not seen that as the case. There is plenty of room for improvement on this manifold as well as the L76, they are almost the same manifold. Here are a few bolt-on Ls3s before and after porting.

Thank you
Jeremy Formato

Last edited by Fasterproms; 07-30-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:16 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would you guys charge to port the stock TB and manifold on an LS6? Also what kind of gain are you seeing from them?
Old 07-31-2008, 11:40 PM
jmoody66
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Interested

Originally Posted by Z06Fix
What would you guys charge to port the stock TB and manifold on an LS6? Also what kind of gain are you seeing from them?
Would like to know the same thing.......
Old 08-01-2008, 02:35 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

Gentleman I have not seen significant gains on the LS6 manifold. I would like to do more testing on a car that is seriously demanding more airflow up top. I would suggest a FAST and port that manifold. Then will have you the BEST manifold possible for most avg TQ.
The LS6 there isn't much room to open up the ports in certain areas and the runners are smooth in comparison to the later model runners of the LS2, LS7, and LSx.
If you guys would like for us to open them up a bit we could probably do them for 175 shipped.
I do however port the TBs very aggressively that will make the car feel much torquier throughout the power band, good for accelerating out of the corners. Much better throttle response and sharpness.

TBs do not gain peak power anyone that states that they do is fibbing or stretching the truth, if they show that they did it was more than likely the cooling of the engine that gained the power in between runs.

I can also offer tuning to further optimize the cars. I typically avg over 20RWHP on Z06s. Do any of you guys have HP tuners or LS1 edit? I can email files back to you.

Jeremy Formato
Old 11-17-2008, 08:09 PM
0Fasterproms
Former Vendor

to the top

Jeremy

Get notified of new replies

To Here to help for all your tuning and porting needs C5 & C6

Quick Reply: Here to help for all your tuning and porting needs C5 & C6