Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIDEO: Nashville 6/15 Race

Old 07-02-2008, 08:32 AM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09
Default VIDEO: Nashville 6/15 Race

Here's the video.

Full writeup with some pictures here.

This was our first weekend on-track with the new LS6 installed, and it worked great! I was a little nervous since the car literally went from the dyno (break-in and tune) to Qualifying on Saturday. But, the new motor is much stronger than the old one, never missed a beat, and never leaked a drop of anything all weekend - fantastic!

I had a blast racing with Butch Kummer in his GTA car (the black one). Butch was my instructor at the beginning of the year for Driver's School, and is a great guy. Unfortunately, he lost an oil pump belt during this race and had to pull off. That did give me my first overall win though - woo hoo!!

Special thanks to Jerry Onks who put the new motor in and aligned the car. His patience with myriad little issues during the week before the race and his experience and attention to detail were priceless and he was THE critical force that made this race possible. Thanks, Jerry!

Next race is back to Road Atlanta in August with NASA, I can't wait to get down there with a little more HP and see what this car will do!
Old 07-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Originally Posted by mikahb
Here's the video.

Full writeup with some pictures here.

This was our first weekend on-track with the new LS6 installed, and it worked great! I was a little nervous since the car literally went from the dyno (break-in and tune) to Qualifying on Saturday. But, the new motor is much stronger than the old one, never missed a beat, and never leaked a drop of anything all weekend - fantastic!

I had a blast racing with Butch Kummer in his GTA car (the black one). Butch was my instructor at the beginning of the year for Driver's School, and is a great guy. Unfortunately, he lost an oil pump belt during this race and had to pull off. That did give me my first overall win though - woo hoo!!

Special thanks to Jerry Onks who put the new motor in and aligned the car. His patience with myriad little issues during the week before the race and his experience and attention to detail were priceless and he was THE critical force that made this race possible. Thanks, Jerry!

Next race is back to Road Atlanta in August with NASA, I can't wait to get down there with a little more HP and see what this car will do!

I'm looking forward to seeing the car at Atlanta. I will be down there running in HPDE 2

Eric
Old 07-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Congratualtions on the win, Mikah! I saw Ed yesterday and he said y'all had a good time.

It's good to hear you'll be at R/A. I think we'll have the usual suspects. I can't wait!
Old 07-02-2008, 08:48 PM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Eric and Jody - look forward to seeing you both down there!
Old 07-02-2008, 10:24 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Way to go brotherman! I love Nashville Speedway, hope to get back there again.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:04 AM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Fix
I'm looking forward to seeing the car at Atlanta. I will be down there running in HPDE 2

Eric

I'm in HPDE2 as well. Let's try to hook up on the track. I could definately use a few pointers.

Great news about the car Mikah.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:18 AM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Great job on winning Micah... I love your car, so so nice.

I was planning on running at RA with Z06fix, but I don't think I can afford to do HPDE and be competitive in autoX both right now... I don't have deep enough pockets for that. Some day I'll have a car that I can do HPDE with and have another for autoX.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Originally Posted by sperkins
I'm in HPDE2 as well. Let's try to hook up on the track. I could definately use a few pointers.
Sounds good Scott

Eric

Get notified of new replies

To VIDEO: Nashville 6/15 Race

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VIDEO: Nashville 6/15 Race