Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New brake pads, can I AutoX on Saturday?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Jameel
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New brake pads, can I AutoX on Saturday?!

Just got the car ('03 C5Z06) yesterday, original owner only put 18K, soft, miles on the car.

The dealer put new brake pads and "machined" the rotors, because I wanted new pads. The braking sucks by the way, I'm assuming this is the bedding period. Hopefully they get better. Our Cooper Mini (non-S) has better braking.

Anyway, can I AutoX this Saturday with the car, or will I damage the pads/rotors?
Old 07-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Go out and bed the pads and rotors and you will be fine. To do it properly you will need about an hour on a relatively unused street/highway.

Bill
Old 07-03-2008, 09:39 PM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Go out and bed the pads and rotors and you will be fine. To do it properly you will need about an hour on a relatively unused street/highway.

Bill
I used this method a couple of years ago and the OEM brakes have been fine for many autocrosses and 20k miles so far -- http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm

--Dan

Get notified of new replies

To New brake pads, can I AutoX on Saturday?!

Quick Reply: New brake pads, can I AutoX on Saturday?!