Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Jersey Motorsports Park Videos

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 12:59 PM
turbo50mike
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 3 Posts

Default New Jersey Motorsports Park Videos

Looks good. We'll be on Lightning July 16th with Track Time For Cars.

Lightning
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_6T7CzShJw

Thunderbolt
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sowVGe3Ro...eature=related
Old 07-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Old 07-04-2008, 03:26 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice, I am heading out Aug 5th with PDA
Old 07-04-2008, 09:19 PM
02impactblue
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like a very fast track!
Old 07-04-2008, 09:26 PM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

It's not VIR! But looks fun.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:22 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by PA Z06
Nice, I am heading out Aug 5th with PDA
In foir Aug 5-6th, trying to work into july 16th.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:06 PM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Anybody got lodgin suggestions for out there?
Old 07-06-2008, 10:30 PM
turbo50mike
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RUN4CVR
Anybody got lodgin suggestions for out there?
Bring the Suburban. I'll give you $20 to stay in the passenger seat.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:51 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will be there this Friday. This course does look superfast. The areas that I see as challenging or "daunting" are turn one at speed and the long sweeper before the bridge. Turn one is going to be interesting once you build momentum. It will be interesting to see what "effect" the sudden drop has on unloading the suspension mid corner. Entrance speeds are going to be mid to high triple digits. I expect the lightbulb to be around 100mph, so imagine all the speed you will carry into turn one after a nice long strait. In real racing you are going to see LOTS of action there!

The esses look to be the funnest part of the course, they too look fast, but lots of track room. I personally would have preferred something tighter than sweeping. Tighter esses would seperate the good handling cars from the HP cars which would make things more fun and leveling. Right now it looks like HP will have an advantage at this track!

To be cricitcal of the overall safety, it looks average at best, there are no gravel traps or sand pits or tire barriers. Maybe this will change by Friday, but it seems unlikely. If one goes off, wet or dry, you will be sliding in the grass for quite some time. I am curious as to why they didn't use sand, it's cheap and readily available especially in South Jersey.

I specificially don't like how close the bridge is to the track, especially at what appears to be a track out point at the end of a wide open sweeper. Speeds will be fast and buidling as you track out just before the bridge. This in my humble opinion was a bad choice for the bridge and it should have been a tunnel. If a tunnel wasn't in the budget then a bridge over the main strait would have been less astectically pleasing, but more functional and safer. Why do I have the feeling someone is going to get hurt at that bridge????

This definately looks like a blast, better than Pocono anyday, and way more run-off than the Glen, so only time will tell. I am going to try and get some video to post over the weekend!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:01 AM
fire_n_ice
Racer

Wow, that tarmac looks so fresh, I hope it's cured!

Great comments on the safety. It's always interesting to see the decisions made when creating a new track.

For the video, was that a GoPro Hero cam mounted on the exterior of the car?
Old 07-07-2008, 09:31 PM
2win screw
Racer

Default Hey guys....Managing the CDOC at the NJMP so i should be able to answer.....

If you guys have any questions about the track, activities, schedules or whatever just ask. I'll be managing the bigger CDOC warehouse store if you wanna stop in and say hello (names Joe) or maybe get some parts. I should be able to give you guys all the up to date info and juicy details about the track ! Once things settle down at the track i will be speaking to the Moderators about sponsoring the CF to get you guy some good prices on all the parts and accessories we sell.

As far as lodging you can go to the NJMP website for various options but most people this weekend seemed to stay at the Windgate or the Country Inn. There are other cheaper places to stay as well. Just google hotels or motels in and around Millville, NJ.

As far as fast....i know the one guy i talked to on the lightning track had a new M3 BMW and hit about 140 on the straights. It has had alot of really good reviews but as with any new track or business it will take time to iron out kinks. The schedule is jammed packed with something going on ALL THE TIME. If you guys have any indepth questions about the track or operations call Jamie Beeler at the track. She is the drivers club director and can answer any of your questions.
1 856 327 8000 EXT 8143 Tell her Joe from CDOC sent ya !!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Joe,
do you know what track PDA will be running on on for August 5th and 6th?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:23 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NJMP in a C6Z...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq6LCVuejkQ

more video's being posted day by day!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:43 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 95jersey
I will be there this Friday. This course does look superfast. The areas that I see as challenging or "daunting" are turn one at speed and the long sweeper before the bridge. Turn one is going to be interesting once you build momentum. It will be interesting to see what "effect" the sudden drop has on unloading the suspension mid corner. Entrance speeds are going to be mid to high triple digits. I expect the lightbulb to be around 100mph, so imagine all the speed you will carry into turn one after a nice long strait. In real racing you are going to see LOTS of action there!

The esses look to be the funnest part of the course, they too look fast, but lots of track room. I personally would have preferred something tighter than sweeping. Tighter esses would seperate the good handling cars from the HP cars which would make things more fun and leveling. Right now it looks like HP will have an advantage at this track!

To be cricitcal of the overall safety, it looks average at best, there are no gravel traps or sand pits or tire barriers. Maybe this will change by Friday, but it seems unlikely. If one goes off, wet or dry, you will be sliding in the grass for quite some time. I am curious as to why they didn't use sand, it's cheap and readily available especially in South Jersey.

I specificially don't like how close the bridge is to the track, especially at what appears to be a track out point at the end of a wide open sweeper. Speeds will be fast and buidling as you track out just before the bridge. This in my humble opinion was a bad choice for the bridge and it should have been a tunnel. If a tunnel wasn't in the budget then a bridge over the main strait would have been less astectically pleasing, but more functional and safer. Why do I have the feeling someone is going to get hurt at that bridge????

This definately looks like a blast, better than Pocono anyday, and way more run-off than the Glen, so only time will tell. I am going to try and get some video to post over the weekend!
Thanks Matt great info, I look forward to seeing some more video.

Get notified of new replies

To New Jersey Motorsports Park Videos

Quick Reply: New Jersey Motorsports Park Videos