Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Video] July NASA Event Saturday's race in the rain

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 12:10 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Default [Video] July NASA Event Saturday's race in the rain

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=38493698

Wow!! That is all I can say.

Ok maybe I can say a little more, what a weekend!!! As you all know by now I sold Katrina and moved up from the TT ranks to W2W. After my 1st weekend I’m thinking I should have done a George Costanza last year, it turns out I my old TTA street car is just as fast as my ST1 race car. It makes my wife happy I have all this safety equipment and I’m not going any faster, although she still isn’t happy about the $$$.

The weekend was a blast, what a great field, a little stronger than I would have liked for my first race but boy did I learn that being a nice guy only works in TT. Shady Aaron taught me that, he waited till after I went to grid to change to rains, damn SCCA guys. Just playing with you, but I do like the “Shady Aaron” name.

Friday was busy, between getting the car teched, instructing, trying to feel out the new car and meet some of my fellow racers. I did get to play with Panoz boys, I will say they had some HOT chicks hanging out at there rig, I think they liked me more when I was behind them.

Driving the new car was a hand full, it pushed like a pig though the middle of the corners and no ABS or power brakes will take some getting used to. I compared a 1:35 flat lap with my stock Z06 to a 1:34 flat lap in the race car & I was faster in every single corner around Mid Ohio in my street car, I was only faster on the straights in the race car and only by a few tenths and only by 3 mph at the end of the back straight. WTF, I need to do some work, Thanks Danny for your input. I our defense we spend most of our time trying to make sure the car would pass tech and never checked the set up, I guess there is never really a turn key race car.

I’m not going to talk about the races much I’ll let the video speak for itself, I hate video because it makes it hard to tell stories.

It was nice meeting all the TCC guys, keep in touch and let’s get a new class set up in NASA and keep you guys here with us. There has to be something between 8.7 to 1 and 5.5 to 1.

Matt thanks for saving a parking spot and helping out all weekend, man I needed my nerves calmed, maybe I just didn’t drink enough.

Shady Aaron it was great meeting you and thanks for teaching me a much need lesson

Rogue nice hanging with ya, you need to get that cage in and come play. It’s just like TT.

Spectator Racing as a whole didn’t really have a great weekend but we’re getting there, Rob sorry about the car we need to get that thing running so you can get out there with us. Jon sucks about the opti, you worked your *** off just to start on Sunday, great job. You’ll get there I hope having your ***** back helps. And for me a podium on Sat 1st race even though it was behind a freaking Miata and I had some great battles on Sunday but I made a few rookie mistakes and ended up coming in a few laps early, I felt coming home in one piece was more important.

I'll put up Sunday's race as soon as I get it compiled and uploaded
Old 07-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Your first W2W and it was wet? Way to jump into the deep end!

Love the little test at 18:28 and again at 19:08 to see if you found a dry line yet!

....oh..and the sun always come out after a wet run!

Mike
Old 07-15-2008, 04:03 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Good work, Graber will be pleased to see it...
Old 07-15-2008, 04:31 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Old 07-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Nice!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:48 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Was that contact that caused Forbis to spin?
Old 07-15-2008, 08:05 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ScaryFast
Was that contact that caused Forbis to spin?
Looks to me like he just got back on the throttle a little to quick and she came right around on him. NO contact from what I saw on Kens cam or mine either.

Shady Aaron
Old 07-15-2008, 09:06 PM
PorscheBoy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Forbis should have gotten an award for that one. I also believe the other guys video is conclusive, he was hit by the red ST1 Miata.
Glad you guys had great weather Sunday.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

love the "boogity, boogity, boogity".

Sucks for your first race to be in the wet - looks like you were havin fun though.

Get notified of new replies

To [Video] July NASA Event Saturday's race in the rain

Quick Reply: [Video] July NASA Event Saturday's race in the rain