Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from Spring Mountain, here to represent our Corvette driving schools & more

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 03:26 PM
socalspringmountain
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 418 Likes on 186 Posts

Default Hello from Spring Mountain, here to represent our Corvette driving schools & more

I apologize it has taken so long to introduce myself. I have been traveling a lot since coming on board with Spring Mountain. I was just up at the Big Bear Bash this weekend. I had a great time (except for the slight monsoon, but that is out of our control). It is neat to see the town of Big Bear over run with such beautiful cars. Corvettes West did a great job & they are a great club & group of folks!

I have to say I love the Corvette. The style, the power, & the heads that turn when you drive by are so awesome that it sticks with you. We were in LA with our school car for a promotion, & people were stopping in the middle of the street (in star struck Downtown LA) taking pictures of us & the car. It really was wild!! As soon as I figure out how to post the pics, I will get them up. I have a ton of great pics to show you.

Janet has been helping me figure out how to use the forums because I am very new to this, so please bear with me. I am here to answer all of your questions about Spring Mountain, drivers education, & driving schools, so please, don’t hold back. Our Summer specials offer almost 15% savings from our standard 3 day school pricing. Also, I am the rep. for Corvette club (official & unofficial) relations as well, so if you are in a club & want to get a presentation for your club, or just discuss what kind of club options & discounts we can offer, just let me know. Oh yeah, if your just trying to find out how you can get more track time, let me know. I have a few ideas. I look forward to meeting & building a relationship with all of you!

Below is our Pratt Miller C6RS Ron Fellows Edition (600 HP) & our Red Callaway Supercharged Corvette (570 HP)
Attached Images   

Last edited by socalspringmountain; 07-18-2008 at 01:34 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 07-17-2008, 03:29 PM
STL-MagRedC6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posted this on your other "Intro" thread . . . .but more appropriate for this forum anyway.

1st - Welcome
2nd - Thanks to you guys. . . I now own my own Vette (which I just got last month)

History - Back in 2003 I won a trip through IBM for me and a guest to attend the 3-day Advanced Driver Training course at Spring Mountain (Bragg-Smith back then). Once the course was completed I have always reference the experience as "The best 3 days of my life".

EVERYTHING was top notch with the experience. They started with the basics and it is truly a driver training. Classroom - Execute - Debrief/Review - Instruct/Educate - Classroom - Execute - Continued Refinement of skills - Repeat - Etc. The format and process allows for drivers of all skills to develop along the way. Because the group we had were a bunch of IBM geeks we all had VERY different skill levels. We even had a couple in the class that had NEVER driven a car with a manual transmission. The trainers worked with the person as needed and got them "up to speed" very quickly and by the end they were keeping pace with the rest of the group.

The skill building/progression was extremely appropriate to get to the end result and that is Skilled Performance Driving. By day 3 we were thrashing thier Z06's to roughly 75% of their capabilities. And that was with no prior driver training. 75% may seeem low to some of you guys, but after riding the course with the trainers for a few hot laps. . .75% is just fine!! (significant pucker factor ) But then you know and feel what the car is capable of.

Anyway, day 3 is/was all hot laps and debriefing on the course and an absolute blast. The last thing I can say is just because it is Vegas, don't act like your in Vegas. Your a$$ is WORN OUT at the end of the day and you will need your rest to be sharp the next day!

Since taking the course, I was committed to getting a Corvette one day. Thankfully that day arrived last month! 2005 Mag Red w/ Z51! (For those that noticed the SRT-8, I will be changing my screen name as soon as I come up with a new one. I sold the Charger and bought the Vette!)

Bottom Line - I HIGHLY recommended their training to truly see what the Corvette is capable of.

Dan
Old 07-17-2008, 03:37 PM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by socalspringmountain
I apologize it has taken so long to introduce myself. I have been traveling a lot since coming on board with Spring Mountain. I was just up at the Big Bear Bash this weekend. I had a great time (except for the slight monsoon, but that is out of our control). It is neat to see the town of Big Bear over run with such beautiful cars. Corvettes West did a great job & they are a great club & group of folks!

I have to say I love the Corvette. The style, the power, & the heads that turn when you drive by are so awesome that it sticks with you. We were in LA with our school car for a promotion, & people were stopping in the middle of the street (in star struck Downtown LA) taking pictures of us & the car. It really was wild!! As soon as I figure out how to post the pics, I will get them up. I have a ton of great pics to show you.

Janet has been helping me figure out how to use the forums because I am very new to this, so please bear with me. I am here to answer all of your questions about Spring Mountain, drivers education, & driving schools, so please, don’t hold back. Corvette track days is in November & regestration is live now, so don't forget to register here: http://www.springmountainmotorsports...te-track-days/

Our Summer specials offer almost 15% savings from our standard 3 day school pricing. Also, I am the rep. for corvette club (official & unofficial) relations as well, so if you are in a club & want to get a presentation for your club, or just discuss what kind of club options & discounts we can offer, just let me know. Oh yeah, if your just trying to find out how you can get more track time, let me know. I have a few ideas. I look forward to meeting & building a relationship with all of you!

Below is our Pratt Miller C6RS Ron Fellows Edition (600 HP) & our Red Calloway Supercharged Corvette (570 HP)
Welcome to the Corvette community.

Now, if we could have your name, that would help in contacting you. Or should we just refer to you as Janet's replacement?

Frank Gonzalez
Old 07-17-2008, 04:21 PM
socalspringmountain

You can refer to me as Janet's replacement if you would like; however, My full name is Anthony D'Avanzo (although, Anthony is fine). I also attached a pic of our brand new club house. It features a pool & jaquzzi, pool table, massage therapy room, & back yard with viewing tower, misters to keep you cool, BBQ & fire pit. As soon as I can figure out how to post larger pics, I'll start putting them up.
Attached Images   

The Official Performance Driving School Of Corvette
www.racespringmountain.com
victor@racespringmountain.com
800-391-6891

Old 07-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Hi Anthony, I plan to register for your Level II 2-day Corvette Advanced Driving School in November 2009 in conjunction with your Corvette Track Day Event (Advanced Group) - if that's possible based on your schedule for those two events. Your organization and the Corvette Driving School has a great reputation on the forum - I look forward to finetuning my skills and expanding my knowledge at your facility next year. Mike
Old 07-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Gary04Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcometo the forum! I hope to make it to your school one day.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:46 PM
NTMD8R
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 68 Posts

I also responded as below in one of your C6 forums threads......

I had the opportunity to participate in a 2-day (advanced) session at
Spring Mountain in 2006.
As you can see by the OP info, they also have a 3-day session for "beginners".

Wow, what a fabulous time.

They had (at that time) C5Z06, C6, C6Z06 cars to run.
All the participants got to have sessions in all cars, over the 2 days.
The track is a 1.8 mile GREAT (newly paved) road course.
My average times around the track varied between 1 minute 57 seconds to 2 minutes 3 seconds (not particularly fast... but I had fun).

The Instructors are a Great bunch of people, very experienced and knowledgeable.

Give it a whirl, I know you'll enjoy it.

Hmmm... they did NOT include hotel, breakfast, etc. then.... but the prices were a little less.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:09 PM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

My son and I were there last year and had a great time. If Kenny is still there instructing please tell him Mike & Matt said hello. He went out of his way to make it a memorable experience for us!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:36 PM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Welcome to the forum! I'm trying to talk my brother into heading out there and attending your school - I've heard nothing but great things from anybody who's been there - very much looking forward to it!
Old 07-18-2008, 04:31 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Howdy!

Ok! How do you get more track time?
Old 08-01-2008, 07:53 PM
socalspringmountain

Default More track time

Originally Posted by rustyguns
Howdy!

Ok! How do you get more track time?
You can join our Country Club, which gives you 16 days of track access per month for a 1 time membership fee (not including monthly dues)

If you cannot join our club, then get the drivers from your club (& maybe a couple others) together & rent the track. Our track is often rented by various clubs (Porsche, Pantera, etc...) for a day, or the weekend. Don't Forget Corvette Track Days.

Get notified of new replies

To Hello from Spring Mountain, here to represent our Corvette driving schools & more

Quick Reply: Hello from Spring Mountain, here to represent our Corvette driving schools & more