Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm off to the track this morning

Old 07-24-2008, 08:43 AM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default I'm off to the track this morning

I'm going to run a few sessions at MSR before it gets too hot. It's only supposed to get to 91 today. Yesterday was about 100. So I'll probably knock it off at around noon.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:54 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,386 Likes on 742 Posts

We had a blast there last Saturday, although it was hot! I was running some RA-1s on front that had got so hard I didn't want to run them on autocrosses any more. They were down to slicks, so I figured I'd cord them sometime during the day (had a spare set of fronts standing by).

Those durn tires got warm and stuck like crazy! According to my video my clear laps were running in the 1:28s, with my best being a 1:26.9xx. I'm sure I could have shaved off some time, but it was all about having fun as opposed to setting best times.

Have fun!
Mike
Old 07-28-2008, 12:31 PM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Hey Mike, when is your club get together? Is it Thurs the 7th? What is the time and address? I'm going to put it on the calendar this time.

My MSR trip went quite well. I brought a friend that was visiting from out of town. I was running the GTO on street tires. My best times were low 1:35's. I know that my driving alone could account for another 3-5 seconds of improvement. I think R compounds could be another 3 seconds so my GTO pig is still a bit slower than a C5. I haven't had my Vette out on track in a while due to engine issues but I think it is faster than the GTO.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:49 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,386 Likes on 742 Posts

Yep, it's the 7th. See you there!

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To I'm off to the track this morning

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm off to the track this morning