Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Streets of Willow with only 20 cars!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 02:48 PM
SoCalSteve
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Streets of Willow with only 20 cars!

Had a Kick A@@ track day-Bachelor Party at the Streets on Wednesday with only 20-25 cars! We had a blast and lots of room to run.

Although not a stranger to Willow (ran my old built SVT Contour and 03' Cobra on Big Willow for a couple of years), I had not been on the Streets for several years - since the bowl was installed, AND this was my first track experience with the Z06.

WOW!

Such an easy car to drive fast - even on street rubber. I really enjoyed myself - felt completely at ease in the Z. I had purchased Chalky's seat harness hardware and harness bar setup and installed - worked great! I had to get new wrap-around shoulder harnesses as my old ones were bolt-ins - also got a double-sub to work with the seat hardware. Simpson actually sent me the wrong stuff, but overnighted a corrected shipment which got to me the day before, so all was well.

I did experience some pad fade by the end of the morning, so gave it a long lunch break to cool off. And of course, the street rubber felt squirelly, but that was to be expected. It topped 100 degrees, but the Z ran perfectly. Of course the 6-point helped keep my rear planted, even in the stock seat.

Here's some pics:

So, I have renewed my interest in track events - I'll probably end up upgrading pads and SS lines, plus will need a set of track rims and R-compunds - I loved my Yoko A-008's but that goes back a bit...Any and all recommendations for new R-compunds gladly accepted (as well as anything else track-realted you may have to share.

Thanks! Can't wait for the next trip to the track.

Last edited by SoCalSteve; 07-25-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:51 PM
SoCalSteve
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pic Help

I figured out the pic posting...

SoCalSteve

Last edited by SoCalSteve; 07-25-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:04 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just put the URL without the HTML tags between the IMG tags.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:16 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

i felt same way when i took my Z06 first time to the track, what a car!

i like khumo v710 and use hawk hp plus pads

also use pfc 01 or hawk ht 10 pads and hawk dtc 70's are very good pads too

also use toyo 888 and hoosier r6's and nitto R2 and michelin pilot sport cups slicks

all those work great with the Z06 !!!!!!!! and make it as fast any full on racing car from the 1980's! Amazing !!!!!!!

hope to see you out there! G/L !

Get notified of new replies

To Streets of Willow with only 20 cars!

Quick Reply: Streets of Willow with only 20 cars!