Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to go to my first Auto-x, but a little confused

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 09:40 PM
vetteguy216
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to go to my first Auto-x, but a little confused

Im looking to go to my first auto-x at my local track blackhawk raceway. There is an event this saturday, I have never participated in a road race or auto-x event before. The one taking place this saturday is being hosted by (Midwestern Council SCC). What im confused about is that im not a member of this "club" or any other, so how do I go about participating in this event or another event. Do you show up or some how contact the hosting club.

once before I tried to go to an auto-x event that is listed in the event schedule sticky that was being hosted by some other club, I tried to contact them to see if I could join them at the event but I never heard back from them.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:55 PM
LehmanZ06
Pro

OK

Lets make a battle plan.

I am assuming when you say this Saturday it's one week from now.

Look online at SCCA.com and find your local region check some of your local area web sites. Go to the autocross or solo section.

Follow directions on site. Post questions if necessary. Depending on the mods of your car will determine your class. If this is a SCCA event then prepared to be beaten by quite a few cars.

BUT....the people are friendly....everyones an enthusiast.....we were all novices once..

IT"S A BLAST !!!!

7 years and like 300 events for me, and I can't get enough....

GET OFF THE COUCH......put your rag that you wax the car with AWAY !

DO SOMETHING FUN !!!!!! it might just be the beginning of the most fun you have ever had in your life......other than a chick with big b oobs
Old 08-02-2008, 10:16 PM
waktasz
Pro

It really depends on the club. Some regions around here have pre-registration only type events because of rules limiting the exchange of cash on site. Your best bet would be to try to find an email contact for this club and follow up with them.

If it's an SCCA event, you'll have to pay a $15 weekend membership fee, which can be applied toward your yearly dues if you decide to join up.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking to go to my first Auto-x, but a little confused

Quick Reply: Looking to go to my first Auto-x, but a little confused