Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track day video from MSR

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 02:24 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,397 Likes on 749 Posts

Default Track day video from MSR

A couple of weeks ago our local corvette club made a day of it at Motorsports Ranch near Ft. Worth, TX. It wasn't as focused as a DE, but more of a "taste test" for folks that haven't ever tracked their car before. It's set up with three class sessions, two lead-follow sessions, and two open sessions.

About half of us play with our cars on a regular basis, either autocross or DEs, the other half were there for either the first or second time.

I recorded the event and put together a quick video. Yes, there is music in the first part, primarily because my mic was saturated with wind noise (going to try some different spots next time). At the end of the video is my best recorded lap (camera ran out of tape, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!), you can here the raw audio. That lap was a 1:26.9xx, my other laps when I wasn't impeded by traffic was in the 1:28s. That's running my ToKu tire setup (Toyo RA-1s up front, Kumho V700s in back) and just having fun: I'm sure I could pull another second out easily.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01P3ts6DTn0

Have a good one,
Mike

Last edited by VetteDrmr; 08-06-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:23 PM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Cool. I wish the audio were better. I would have liked to get a feel for your throttle and braking points. It looks like a good time for the whole group.

I'm looking forward to the meeting tomorrow evening. Are you going to make it? The Vette is all apart right now but I'll reassemble it this evening. It's only the rear suspension. No problem.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:48 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,397 Likes on 749 Posts

Planning on being there. I'm going to bring a DVD version of the video; hopefully there'll be a player to watch it on.

Have a good one,
Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Track day video from MSR

Quick Reply: Track day video from MSR