Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DE - Dark Side Returns to RRR Nov 7-9

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:34 AM
DarksideDE
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DE - Dark Side Returns to RRR Nov 7-9

Registration has opened for The Dark Side Driver Ed. Applications are available at www.darksidede.com.

We are at Roebling Road Raceway (in Bloomingdale, Georgia, near Savannah) for Nov 8-9, with a lapping day for those qualified on the 7th.

Our charity is The Boys & Girls Club of Hilton Head, and the children (ages 11-15) will be joining us on the Saturday for lunch and a Family-style parade.

It's a full weekend with hospitality Friday night, BBQ Saturday night and oh yes, driving on the track is on the schedule too.

All marques are welcome. All we ask is your car be track worthy (no leaks). Hope to see you there!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:58 AM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Doubt I'll be going back to Roebling. It's kinda boring IMO. Where else do you guys run?
Old 08-08-2008, 09:04 PM
DarksideDE
Intermediate

Sorry you find Roebling boring. I have an assistant CTI who wants us to expand. I did put our name on a waiting list for Limerock Park - folks want us to do CMP and Road Atlanta.

We seem to have a nice formula that works well for us - and those that come thank me for weeks after letting me know they had a good time.

Maybe one day we can convince you to turn to the Dark Side.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:33 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DarksideDE

Maybe one day we can convince you to turn to the Dark Side.
Oh I'm always up for a good track day. CMP would be a fanastic choice as would Road ATL. I've heard good things about your track days so I'm sure I'll run with you guys sometime soon.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:40 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by sperkins
Doubt I'll be going back to Roebling. It's kinda boring IMO.

+1million ............... and 1

I love the idea of using it to support a charity though so I will support this group..........at a different track.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:03 AM
DarksideDE
Intermediate

HeavyChevy - out of curiosity are you a member of the HeavyChevy club out of Hinesville?
Old 08-12-2008, 08:54 PM
ukrbmw
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How can you guys like CMP and not like Roebling? Even this year after changes to CMP it's still nowhere near as fast and flowing as Roebling.

I'm going to be there!
Old 08-14-2008, 05:02 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by DarksideDE
HeavyChevy - out of curiosity are you a member of the HeavyChevy club out of Hinesville?
Never heard of it.......

Originally Posted by ukrbmw
How can you guys like CMP and not like Roebling? Even this year after changes to CMP it's still nowhere near as fast and flowing as Roebling.

I'm going to be there!
Let's see, CMP has elevation changes, a carousel, a hairpin, fast (over 100 mph) turns (with elevation to boot), a couple kinks. It's high speed and technical, slow and fast, challenging and fun.

Roebling has sweeper sweeper sweeper sweeper long sweeper straight, is flat, and has only 1 real braking zone.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:50 AM
DarksideDE
Intermediate

If anyone is interested, we still have some room. I also have some good news. If you are afraid your insurance company won't insure you at the track...and that's been stopping you from trying - well, our group has qualified for Lockton-Affinity HPDE insurance program. If you are interested you can read about it a little bit here: http://darksidede.com/DEInsurance.html
and there are other links for more information - and if you still have questions - feel free to contact Ryan Staub - our agent.

Thanks for listening.

Get notified of new replies

To DE - Dark Side Returns to RRR Nov 7-9

Quick Reply: DE - Dark Side Returns to RRR Nov 7-9