Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vid of last Saturday's BMW autocross

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:38 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,387 Likes on 742 Posts

Default Vid of last Saturday's BMW autocross

We ran last Saturday at the bus lot at Texas Motor Speedway. Once again Lone Star BMW CCA came up with a fun course, although not near as fast as out at Mineral Wells.

I recently killed a set of Toyo RA-1s, so I've got some old Hoosier throw-aways and have started learning out to use them. This time I used what I call my "AR" compounds: 275/40/17 A3S05s up front, 305/30/18 R3S04s in back. I was expecting some oversteer, and boy, did I get it!

Then I found out that the previous owner of the rear tires had also taken great care to store them under the rain gutter outside his house. Psst: I think they're a little hard.

Also started with tire pressures at 35F, 33R. After the morning runs I added 3 psi all around and the rears worked much better (I never got the fronts to slide at all).

All in all it was a great day, and had a blast! Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCOEvHTM9mA

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 08-13-2008, 03:09 PM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Looooks gooood, Mike. Get some of that tire softener stuff the circle track guys use. Maybe that will help the rear tires.

Quick Reply: Vid of last Saturday's BMW autocross