Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Protection

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 10:46 AM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Windshield Protection

OK, i'm now 4 events in with my Z and the windshield is really starting to look like crap. Between some of the bigger chips and most of the smaller specks, its almost like its been lightly sandblasted (which probably isn't too far from the actual truth.)

At $1,500 for a replacement windshield this could be expensive. Not that it needs it now but I can imagine what it will look like after 20 HPDE's.

Are there any alternatives out there that will be suitable for the street and not be as expensive as replacing the entire windshield every few years?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:43 PM
meldog21
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A Z06 windshield should only be about $1,100 not $1,500. You can find it for that price with just a little shopping around. You can get a standard Corvette windshield for about $350. Or, you can buy a tear off system like this: http://www.colemotorsports.com/index...action=product for $150.

If the link is inappropriate, just google "racing optics" and look for windshield stack.

Dog
Old 08-12-2008, 03:56 PM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by meldog21
A Z06 windshield should only be about $1,100 not $1,500. You can find it for that price with just a little shopping around. You can get a standard Corvette windshield for about $350. Or, you can buy a tear off system like this: http://www.colemotorsports.com/index...action=product for $150.

If the link is inappropriate, just google "racing optics" and look for windshield stack.

Dog
That product looks interesting. They also offer a single layer application for $65. I wonder how it holds up and whether it can be cleaned on the windshield. Anyone have experience with this product?

Old 08-13-2008, 11:41 AM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

can you put your wipers on with this protection on? Not that I drive in the rain but I have been caught on a wet track before.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:55 PM
meldog21
Drifting

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
That product looks interesting. ... Anyone have experience with this product?

I use their stacked tear offs on my motorcycle helmet but I haven't used it on a car. On the bike they work great. Call LG, they might have experience with the car version.

Dog

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield Protection

Quick Reply: Windshield Protection