Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know of Horse Thief Mile events this year?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 08:35 PM
mlongo99
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Default Anyone know of Horse Thief Mile events this year?

Just like the title says, does anyone know of a group doing a trackday at Willow Springs' Horse Thief Mile? I'd like to go back there before winter, but Speedventures is the only group I know of that holds events there, and they only did 1 this year in the spring.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:26 AM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by mlongo99
Just like the title says, does anyone know of a group doing a trackday at Willow Springs' Horse Thief Mile? I'd like to go back there before winter, but Speedventures is the only group I know of that holds events there, and they only did 1 this year in the spring.
Horse Thief Mile has hardly been run this year. I am not sure why. I know that the track is insisting on the little chicane on the only fast portion of the track. I am not sure many people like that. Maybe that is why.

The drift groups have been using it aobut once per month this year from what I can see, but no road racing is on the calendar.
http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/...ndcalendar.htm

It is a fun track, but there are other good tracks. Why are you set on that one?
Old 08-15-2008, 01:06 AM
mlongo99
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Did they add in a chicane? I don't remember any optional parts. Is it to slow cars down for the fast right-hand kink right before going up the hill?

I recently bought a 1st generation Miata for a fun daily driver (which pretty much became my wife's new car ) and I thought it would be great on that track. I did a few laps there in a friend's car and really liked it, so I wanted to go back and get some more time there. Oh well, I'll do something at The Streets instead.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone know of Horse Thief Mile events this year?

Quick Reply: Anyone know of Horse Thief Mile events this year?