Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AutoCross Race Video ..

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:08 AM
#70SM2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AutoCross Race Video ..

First time we were able too hold an AutoCross here in Santa Barbara, and my car began having a hard time starting. Once it fired up with the pedal to the metal .. it ran ok. Real mystery, fuel pressure was good?

Anyway, managed too race it through the day .. It was sponsored by the Porsche club .. some really bad cars there .. CarerraGT, FordGT and some wicked Porsche's .. My old 86 managed 1sec. off fast time ..

Check out video I just uploaded too 'YouTube' .. I'll put up more when I get it edited ...
YouTube Links: AutoCross:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1AcOQ1Psls

My Burnout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuRsnsfWDMM
Old 08-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Dave OH32
Instructor

Holy... Sh*t. Thats a TON of cones (see: too many).
Old 08-13-2008, 01:16 AM
Spinner_89
Pro

All of those cones must have cost more than my yearly racing budget!!! oh well, I guess the beginners can't get lost, there's no way off the course !!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:54 AM
#70SM2
Racer

Default Cones .. Cones and more cones

Originally Posted by Spinner_89
All of those cones must have cost more than my yearly racing budget!!! oh well, I guess the beginners can't get lost, there's no way off the course !!
Yup, there were lots of 'cones' .. The Porsche club that sponsored the event is rich Hehe .. The course was actually laid out by a C5 owner!!

He is the guy smart enough too plug his ears when I was starting my 'Burnout' .. Real fun day .. it was limited too 50 entries, so we got all the runs we wanted. It was very tight and technical .. no room for drifting. We were lucky too get this venue back after 10 years .. so we had too keep the speeds down.

But it was actually very fun course .. really separated the novices from experienced. As you may see so much tire smoke from my car .. I removed the antilock system .. And I don't have traction control like the half million dollar cars .. I still went faster !! But I also have 335x17 Kumho Ecsta's on the rear .. 315 on front.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:00 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Believe me, the more cones the better!

Nice of you to put the Porches in thier place!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:43 PM
#70SM2
Racer

Default Santa Barbara 'AutoCross' video pt_2

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
Believe me, the more cones the better!

Nice of you to put the Porches in thier place!
Yes, more cones is definitely better .. we definitely could not afford too get lost on this lot. I have lost the course a few times at other events when only a few small cones are used .. I tend too go 110% all the time .. Unfortunately I didn't have anyone too run my camera on my official timed runs .. my best was 50.4sec_ fast time was 49sec_ and change. The brutal torque I have really works in AutoCross, in spite of the tight Porsche course .. 'YouTube Video' pt_2 is up:
Nice close up with the FordGT ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tomfs8zyYgM

Get notified of new replies

To AutoCross Race Video ..

Quick Reply: AutoCross Race Video ..